is there anyone in columbus who does performance rebuilds on transmissions

Guest jakano

Guest jakano
i am looking for a shop here in town that can rebuild my ford AOD tranny. I need someone that will not rebuild it to factory specs but who will build it to handle the horsepower I am making. Can anyone recommend a shop to me?

Guest nasty57

had good and bad experiances with herb. He did my buddies powerglide in his 8 sec camaro and it worked great. He also did a stock rebuild in another buddies chevy van and it went out again in a week and he wouldnt help him out.

I had mine done by mickey at bowtie transmissions. I brought him all new TCI parts and the tranny and he charged me 250 to take it apart and rebuild it. I ended up having around 1200 in with a new TCI converter. The only stock part left in it is the input shaft.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jakano

Hey guys just to give you an update (if anyone is interested) I called Pat at atlas and he is a great guy. We went over several options and after telling him what I wanted out of this tranny and what I wanted valve body wise we got on the jegs website together and he actually suggested I get a new transmission from Performance Automatics and he would install it for me along with a new b&m ratchet shifter. To me a person who will take the time out of his busy day just to go over things and then suggest going a different route than him just doing all the work and making a lot more money just to make sure I would be happier with the results is a GREAT person to do business with.

He was very friendly on the phone and was the first person I even spoke with at a tranmission shop here in town that even would think about doing the rebuild for the horsepower levels I am making. Everyone else was just willing to rebuild it to factory specs. He said from the beginning of our conversations we would need to go to jegs for some performance parts. He also said that if he did do a complete rebuild on it he would even give me a 1 year warranty on a transmission that is going into a race car which is unheard of. He is also going to let my car sit in his shop for however long it takes for me to send my torque converter back to TCI for a rebuild and get it shipped back. From now on I will suggest to everyone I know to go to him for any transmission needs they have.

Thanks a bunch for the tip to call him I really appreciate it.

Guest 614Streets
Hey guys just to give you an update (if anyone is interested) I called Pat at atlas and he is a great guy. We went over several options and after telling him what I wanted out of this tranny and what I wanted valve body wise we got on the jegs website together and he actually suggested I get a new transmission from Performance Automatics and he would install it for me along with a new b&m ratchet shifter. To me a person who will take the time out of his busy day just to go over things and then suggest going a different route than him just doing all the work and making a lot more money just to make sure I would be happier with the results is a GREAT person to do business with.

He was very friendly on the phone and was the first person I even spoke with at a tranmission shop here in town that even would think about doing the rebuild for the horsepower levels I am making. Everyone else was just willing to rebuild it to factory specs. He said from the beginning of our conversations we would need to go to jegs for some performance parts. He also said that if he did do a complete rebuild on it he would even give me a 1 year warranty on a transmission that is going into a race car which is unheard of. He is also going to let my car sit in his shop for however long it takes for me to send my torque converter back to TCI for a rebuild and get it shipped back. From now on I will suggest to everyone I know to go to him for any transmission needs they have.

Thanks a bunch for the tip to call him I really appreciate it.

Patrick Decook is an great guy , he is one of my best friends and is great at what he does. I even did an interview with decook its at http://www.614streets.com/decook.html