Wheres everyone going Friday night!? (6-29)

NOPR

The cars did get keyed. I was told it was a twin turbo by another GTO owner that said he talked to the driver. Claimed he was told it did had done a 140 ET. May be BS may be not I really couldn't say. And like I said we never got a chance to look at the car before the shit happened. All I know is that it had a pretty lound lope, must have a pretty good size cam. I was also there but didn't see the guy that did the pissing, because I wasn't really paying too much attention until the cop rolled up because I figured that it was just a group from here.

So a car gets keyed and automatically we are to blame?? And no my is not TT and yes I have done 140 in the 1/4.

i was also standing there when some old fuck started to wine to the cop that he should take down plate numbers just incase we come back and damage any of the car.

That right there just sounds DAMN fishy. Why the fuck would ANYONE there, especially with some of the cars that were rolling through, think "we" would damage their cars??? Most likely someone in their "club" having a beef with another, and "we" made a nice scape goat for him....

KillJoy

Let me tell you the entire story since i was sitting in sam's car when this happened...

First things first, we invited to the GTOAA nationals by someone in the show, and wanted to see if we could get anyone to race. a few of the car that were with us cruised through the lot. when get got to a group of people we ask if there was anyone that wanted to race, when we were told no we went on the the next group, keep in mind there werer only about three large groups of poeple. When no one wanted to race we went back and talk to the GTO owner that invited us. while sitting there talking to him i see a crowd start to gather behind sam's car and some guy's baby dick out of his pants. I jump out of sam's car walk to the back and pushed the guy, only to realize he was indeed peeing on sam's car and on himself. With in 30 seconds the cop was there telling me and sam there was nothing he could do because he did not see the guy piss on sam's car. i then told the cop i wanted him arrested for public intoxication and the cop told me he was not going to do anything to him.

The cop was fine with us being there until Cavin started to laugh in his face and then cavin alone proceeded to get kicked out. It wasnt until three people including myself went back looking for this guy that the cop told us to leave. When i told the cop i bought a room he told me we could stay.

No one i was with did/would key any car at a car show however, i did want to piss a on GTO that night and would have if i knew where that guys car was.

Nothing in the lot was blocked off everything was completely open which is why we drove through. I also told the cop to his face that we were there to find people to race.

You need to get your story straight. i was also standing there when some old fuck started to wine to the cop that he should take down plate numbers just incase we come back and damage any of the car.

In this day and age you are surprised by all of this? Go back and read what you wrote and then imagine you rolled into a Mopar event or Corvette event. Probably wouldn't have turned out as good as it did! LOL. The point is the lot should have been closed off (my bad), you should have realized what you were doing was questionable no matter how you look at it. Also, Brian, you should have met these guys up front and all of this would have been avoided! Figures...just kidding man!

In this day and age you are surprised by all of this? Go back and read what you wrote and then imagine you rolled into a Mopar event or Corvette event. Probably wouldn't have turned out as good as it did! LOL. The point is the lot should have been closed off (my bad), you should have realized what you were doing was questionable no matter how you look at it. Also, Brian, you should have met these guys up front and all of this would have been avoided! Figures...just kidding man!

wtf?

I have never had a problem at any corvette meet and doubt i will ever have a problem. This includes all mustang, camaro and cobra meets i've atteneded in the last few years.

Its been known for years not to go to brice rd for the mopar nation unless you are driving a mopar. Are you saying the GTO clan is becoming just as hillbilly as the mopar guys?

What is questionable, that we drove a corvette through a public parking lot and didnt start shit with anyone, never called anyone any names nor poked fun at any cars, hell we were driving through looking at how clean alot of the older GTOs were, and then some guy pisses on my car and it is our fault for being there... :rolleyes:

I have been up and down brice rd with the mopar nation going on ...never had any problems ......

I’m in a Maverick /Comet group we get together every year and we rent a track for Thursday …and BBQ Friday and have a show on Saturday…. ..Only like 30 or so cars …..but we sit out at night having fun and wishing some locals would come through and want to play …(“instead they drive by revving and making a lot or noise” )….. or just stop and chat …that’s what car guys do …its not just one make or brand ..........if there that stuck up that they don’t see car guys that love cars other then a bunch of re bagged tempest. or lemans....and yes racing them …that’s part of the fun ..But hey to each there own ..we know never to waste our gas going to see tempest and lemans again

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/MaverickGrabber1972/th_100434uq4n9bit6y.gif

I have never had a problem at any corvette meet and doubt i will ever have a problem. This includes all mustang, camaro and cobra meets i've atteneded in the last few years.

Its been known for years not to go to brice rd for the mopar nation unless you are driving a mopar. Are you saying the GTO clan is becoming just as hillbilly as the mopar guys?

We are not becoming Hillbillies. The guys were in the wrong for pissing on sams car. I would have done the same thing to the guy(maybe more drastic). Russ(GTO1) he is a really cool guy.

I had fun looking at the cars that were not covered, + the people back there were extremely cool and friendly. Why cant people just respect one another??? Like my bro said (but less PC)..... You piss on my car I'm going to stomp a mud hole in your ass... True Story

We are not becoming Hillbillies. The guys were in the wrong for pissing on sams car. I would have done the same thing to the guy(maybe more drastic). Russ(GTO1) he is a really cool guy.

So you know the guy that pissed on Sam's car? His name is Russ and his name on the GTO board is GTO1?

Guest Wunna Dig Race
We roll to Mopar Nats every year in the CHEVYS. we always show they crowd good burnouts and offer to race them alot of the guys say they dont race on the street so we say ok and go on to the next person we race alot of the mopar guys them weekends...... Its all about common sense when it comes to cars and car guys jus my $.02

Hmm, seem to be not getting my point across very well. I'd respond to each of you but I'll try this...

Its late at night, a group of "foreign" (as in foreign to the brand / make of the cars already there) cars rolls in. That action right there is suspect in that everyone there took notice and immediately was on the defense. No one knew who you were until later, no one knew the 10 or so other cars that showed up. I'm not accusing anyone, I'm not blaming anyone I'm just saying look at the situation at its highest level and you see the suspect of it. I can say this because I saw the reaction of everyone there, we all stood up or at least turned our heads.

This wasn't like QS&L or other meets this was a "closed" show that just didn't happen to be closed at the moment due to the guys manning the entrance had long gone and we didn't put the cones up as we should have.

The only person that really did anything wrong in all of this was the ass that pissed and the local GTOACO for not putting the cones up.

As far as the acqusations of who I am. I've known 4 or 5 of the members here for years. I didn't see any requirement to go to the classroom first, my bad. I've been in the hobby for years and in no way am a troll looking to start crap by posting here just trying to tell the other side of the story here from one of the event organizers.

For those of you that were there I was the guy in the TBSS floating around just trying to learn what all was going on as fast as I could.

Lance, Let me make this perfectly clear.. I DIDN'T INVITE ANYONE FROM CR TO THIS EVENT PERIOD!!! I saw the pack of cars rollin in like you did and noticed my friend (Anthony's) Firebird. I went over and told him he could hang with us. He had a few friends join us (Amy, Killjoy.. ect..) I went over to check out some of the other cars, when someone who I was near got a phone call saying that there was trouble around back... we all took off to find out what happened... I agree 100%... you don't troll through the parking lot of a national convention where there is over 300 cars valued at more money than most of make in a year. If you wanted a race, park out front, introduce yourself, pop the hood and let's talk cars... From what I heard, Sam & Linn came off like and asshat and rubbed some of these guys the wrong way... Do I condone what happened? Absolutly not... But I don't think you should of had your car back there in the 1st place. Just my honest opinion.