3.4 f-body gauge woes

Guest drumer919

Guest drumer919

What H2O temp sensor is the one that signals the gauge? I have the one wire sensor (from the driver side head) installed and the gauge is pegged hot.

Also is there a main power wire to the gauges somewhere cause I also rewired my tach and speedo and neither of them work. On my diagram the signals for them first go to a box labled "solid state" before going to the gaugs, anyone know what these boxes do? I am running a wire from the tach output on my HEI disty to the tach signal wire on the gauges and also have a VDO cable->electric adapter that goes on my th400 and sends out the same 4000ppm signal that our stock gauges use so it should work.

The volt meter doesn't work either that's why I wondered if there was some sort of power wire I'm not seeing in my diagrams. The fuel gauge is working and I haven't yet installed the oil PSI sending unit to know if it works.

I do see that a pink wire supplys power to the gauges but it comes from the I/P fues block (still in the car) not the ECM (removed) so it should still work on its own, plus the same pink wire feeds all the gauges, including fuel (works) and water temp (moves but reads high). Would it be worth it to rewire this pink wire to get power from the accessory wire I use to power other things?