Walbro 255 pump

Miller

I just put one into my 5.0 and I have a question: The car is running odd under acceleration and backfiring.

Will the car

Need a tune?

Tune itself out?

Have a bad pump and am I going to have to beat this guys ass?

Thank you

Miller my I just installed a brand new bbk (warlbo)255 pump in my car hasn't come off the jack stands but have had it up to 6k rpm a few times and took it through first gear no change, in anything so far it was oddly quiet tho, the fuel pump that is and my top end is bone stock(for now).

I'm not quite bone stock though, I asked my dad and he told me how to check out the voltage. I'll be doing that and seeing what I can do with the fuel pressure tomorrow so I can make it to QS&L Saturday.

Walbro 255 flows more fuel than stock fuel pump any injectors any computer fuel pressure regulator is still over run. If the fpr is over run it cause problems in your fuel rail turulence etc. The fuel pump is flowing all the fuel it can rewired, used with rewire kit as plug and play, whatever the gph is still higher than stock there fore your fpr can not return or regulate the fuel fast enough. My expierence with this problem on 4 banger turbo are bad idle running straight rich, backfire and plethora of other wierd events, from all of my research I have been told to ad fpr and turn fuel on regulator back to stock for me it has worked and has explained alot of tuning issues. Hope this helps or brings up more disscusion would like to know.