moving out of Ardent Properties: $132 water bill!?

Science Abuse

What were the damages?

I live in an Ardent complex and I'm afraid of what's going to happen when we move out.

(I am posting as a guest under Steele's name)

here's the deal that I faced w/ ardent/triangle (same company)

i moved in in jan 06 on a 15mo lease w/ a female friend. she moved after 12 mo into the lease, leaving me little in compensation, however taking someone to court AND being able to get the money from someone who lives in california. Anyways, that's beside the point right now.

when i moved in, i signed the lease told them i had a dog and paid all the moneys and everything.

upon moving out i left the apt in reasonable shape, assuming i would lose my deposit anyways. i didn't clean the carpet bc they have to do that anyways. with extra cleaning charges to the tune of 300+ dollars, electric, paint (from the other person not repainting the right color) and the biggie 948 for carpet.

so now i've received 2 notices at my parents' house (forwarding address) 1 with my former roommate and 1 at my former work location (same company).

i've talked w/ TC 2 times and will probably call him tomorrow again to fight some more. I'm hoping they don't take me to court, but I'm thinking they will bc the amount.

We'll see how it plays out. Anyone who knows anything about law or anything relevant to this please let me know.

my email is mjcostill@yahoo.com

anyways good luck to those who may still have yet to go through all of this. if your "bill" is pretty low, they won't do shit, i know that, bc of the cost to take you to court and get a judgement wouldn't be worth it

thanks,

costill