hey everyone!

mx5kthxbai

some of my friends from ohiohondas sent me this way because i'm looking for a bike.

i dont have one, but i like to ride on the back..i know, real cool :D . my boyfriend has a yamaha yzf-600r and he's moving to columbus in the next couple weeks and i'm sure we'll be out and about.

but yeah, i'm looking for a ninja 250. something nice and small. dont try to talk me into anything else- if you havent figured it out yet i'm a girl (hence why i was talking about the boyfriend! :wink:) and maybe one day i'll get a bigger bike.

in case anyone cares, i currently have a mazda miata. i grew up with hondas, had a prelude and a civic. i also had a 240sx that i swapped a sr20det into two winters ago but i sold it last summer. so i'm used to being around cars and stuff, but i've never really been around bikes much. i look forward to getting a bike this summer!! :)

:welcome:

My two cents..... Start on a 600. My first bike was and is a CBR600RR. I love it. Thought about getting a 250 or 500 but the 600 called to me. I am really glad I didn't get anything smaller, I'm sure I would have grow out of it to quick.

i think that she is going to put your .02 in the trash. she has her mind made up it seems.

i think that the girl knows what she wants :D

thanks.

getting a 600 doesn't make much sense if i can't pick it up if it's on its side.

i'm a small-ish girl, i dont have a lot of muscle. picking up a 600 to you might seem easy since even skinny guys weigh 50lbs more than me. my boyfriend has a 600 and i seriously cant see myself handling that size bike very well. sorry i'm stuck in my ways but i'd rather be safe than sorry. i'd also rather lay down a crappy 250 than a 600 considering the facts are that most people lay down their first bike. also, a 600 isn't really in my price range. at least for what i'd like to spend on a starter bike.

thanks.

getting a 600 doesn't make much sense if i can't pick it up if it's on its side.

i'm a small-ish girl, i dont have a lot of muscle. picking up a 600 to you might seem easy since even skinny guys weigh 50lbs more than me. my boyfriend has a 600 and i seriously cant see myself handling that size bike very well. sorry i'm stuck in my ways but i'd rather be safe than sorry. i'd also rather lay down a crappy 250 than a 600 considering the facts are that most people lay down their first bike. also, a 600 isn't really in my price range. at least for what i'd like to spend on a starter bike.

Smart Girl...

Welcome

Take the MSF course, it's better to drop someone elses bike when learning to ride. There are a lot of 500's out there that are pretty light, but stick to what your comfortable with. Insurance on a 250 would be cheap and so would gas (not like bikes consume that much gas).

Depending on where you're located, I've found a long list of ninja 250's on craigslist and I'm sure that many will be showing up throughout the next month or so as people want to step up.

i think that she is going to put your .02 in the trash. she has her mind made up it seems.

i think that the girl knows what she wants :D

thanks.

If your bike is on it's side, you have bigger problems than worrying about picking it up. :lol:

Most people don't lay down their first bike. Usually it's the second or third because they've become comfortable with riding and start to push their limits. If you ride safe, you'd be fine on a 900 lbs Harley. Trust me, I've seen tiny ass girls riding full dressers. As for a 250 for your first bike, you will get bored of it quick. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, just fact.

I bought 996cc, aka a 1liter bike for my first one, sure its a vtwin, but it still overkill, but I'm definitely glad I did because I did get more comfortable on the bike very quick, and I think if I would have gotten a 250/500 like I was thinking about I'd already be looking for a new bike. But my bike has enough power to make me happy whenever, but just throwing that out there, since I've only been riding for a month.

Take the MSF course, it's better to drop someone elses bike when learning to ride. There are a lot of 500's out there that are pretty light, but stick to what your comfortable with. Insurance on a 250 would be cheap and so would gas (not like bikes consume that much gas).

Depending on where you're located, I've found a long list of ninja 250's on craigslist and I'm sure that many will be showing up throughout the next month or so as people want to step up.

i was planning on taking the course at mid-ohio.

i'm in columbus..i haven't checked craigslist yet.

If your bike is on it's side, you have bigger problems than worrying about picking it up. :lol:

Most people don't lay down their first bike. Usually it's the second or third because they've become comfortable with riding and start to push their limits. If you ride safe, you'd be fine on a 900 lbs Harley. Trust me, I've seen tiny ass girls riding full dressers. As for a 250 for your first bike, you will get bored of it quick. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, just fact.

i thought the general "rule" was that you should be able to handle your bike if you can pick it up.

i'm not sure how bored i'd get with a 250. i drive a freakin' mazda miata with like 100 hp. it's slow as shit, and i'm not bored with it (yet, it's been 6 months) because it handles like a dream. and if for some reason i dont pick up a bike this summer she's getting a super charger.

honestly, i didnt want to get into some kind of debate over what size bike i want. i could give two shits whether people think i'm goofy looking on a 250. sure, it might be "cooler" or hotter if i were on a 500 or 600, but i would rather be safe and comfortable. oh, and for the record: girls on bikes are hot! i admit it! :D

honestly, i didnt want to get into some kind of debate over what size bike i want. i could give two shits whether people think i'm goofy looking on a 250. sure, it might be "cooler" or hotter if i were on a 500 or 600, but i would rather be safe and comfortable. oh, and for the record: girls on bikes are hot! i admit it! :D

Houston.. We have a feisty one... :D

You will fit in just fine with this group.. :bitchfight::lol:

Houston.. We have a feisty one... :D

You will fit in just fine with this group.. :bitchfight::lol:

250s are hawt!!!!

Click here for proof.[/url:507e5]

There's nothing to be ashamed of by learning to ride on a 250 or 500, you just need to sit on a few bikes and see what feels comfortable to you.

It's not of dire need that you be able to touch flat-foot, but it is very important that you're comfortable with whatever you choose to go with. You'll have a much better learning experience and general good time riding if you're not always worried that you're not going to be able to hold the bike up at the next stoplight.