F.I. LSx ???

AJ

those of you that are running F.I. on your LSx engines what did you do to your fuel system? i searched on LS1Tech.com and found most people say run 8 AN with 2 pumps and some say 6 AN is fine but they also said 2 pumps. the system i want to run will work just fine on my bolt on mod engine but when i throw a magnacharger on i don't want to have to upgrade the fuel lines. the pump i'm looking at is a Bosch 44, 72psi and 200 GPH. and it has 6 AN comming out of it and running that to a corvette fuel filter since its internally regulated and i won't need another regulator then 6 AN to the engine and 6 AN from the filter back to the tank. i did find one guy that was running the same pump threw the stock lines on his 01 camaro and was threwing down 650 rwhp so i think i'll be good.

Edit: this should have been posted in the tech section, my bad.

I'm going to be running an upgraded (Racetronix 255) intank pump with a KB Boost-a-pump on the factory lines. Then, I'm also going to be running a larger inline pump on a seperate fuel line, in parallel, with the stock line. The second pump will be hooked to a hobbs switch to activate at 4psi or so. I'm also making it a return style system with a 1:1 regulator.

I don't have all the details ironed out such as part numbers and such, but I've got some time since I'm not starting on it til winter.

Guest Removed

i say a pump rated for what ever horsepower you plan on running, but make sure its a return style system etc. and a pump that will handle the pressure and volume that you will need.

some thing like this or the A1000 one..http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_72368_-1

but if price is not a issue, id say go with http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_94178_-1 i know you was planning on running twins, but you may not be anymore.

weldon makes some really great pumps aswell along with magnafuel and a few other companys.

as far as lines and hose's go, i'd say run at least 8an. the 8 can support more volume, which is just as important as pressure (which im sure your aware of)

i put the twins on the shelf when i got ahold of the LS1 since that block won't take 1k horse. i have a fuel safe fuel cell and they have a kit that keeps everything in tank and clean. good thing everything aeromotive makes is submersible. i think i'm gonna go ahead and run the 6 AN, i did some more searching and there are some people getting 800 horse on fuel injection and superchargers so i'll be safe.

Stock lines are good for 900rwhp under FI. Run either dual 255lph in-tanks with a boost-referenced AFPR at the rail, or an external pump like the A1000 sumped to the tank. Underhood will need aftermarket rails and at least -6AN lines.

i put the twins on the shelf when i got ahold of the LS1 since that block won't take 1k horse. i have a fuel safe fuel cell and they have a kit that keeps everything in tank and clean. good thing everything aeromotive makes is submersible. i think i'm gonna go ahead and run the 6 AN, i did some more searching and there are some people getting 800 horse on fuel injection and superchargers so i'll be safe.

I would argue the point of the block taking 1000hp(Mike Brown,Kurt @W2W). I talked with a few people on LS1Tech.com when I was building a FI motor and was suprised with the people using stb block/stk crank motors. The biggest complaint was headgaskets.

I would argue the point of the block taking 1000hp(Mike Brown,Kurt @W2W). I talked with a few people on LS1Tech.com when I was building a FI motor and was suprised with the people using stb block/stk crank motors. The biggest complaint was headgaskets.

i've talked with kurt a few times, he's a pretty nice guy. what kind of reliability are these block lasting with that much power? i'm looking at long term since my car will never see a drag strip because of my rear axle only autocross, road courses and long hauls like the power tour.

right now the engine is putting down 399 at the wheels with heads cam and intake in the next year or so i will be adding the magnacharger and it comes with new fuel rails and injectors, now knowing the block will take more i'll be able to turn the boost up from medium bad ass to full bad ass:D