A somber reminder

El Karacho1647545492

My good friend JP (from Connecticut, not coltboostin) hung himself last night. As far as everyone knows, it was because his girlfriend broke up with him. He didn't leave anything...no note, no warning, nothing. It's terrible that reminders have to come in such a fashion but the only thing keeping my head on my shoulders is the knowledge that I should just keep reminding myself that no girl is ever worth my life.

Though I know he's in a better place, I'm sure he as well as all those around him know it was the ultimate mistake he made. No matter how shitty something gets, the human mind can recover, and as selfish as it is for me to say it, it's not worth putting your friends and family through the heart-wrenching pain of losing you.

I don't mean to make all of your days worse or filled with sadness, I just needed to do what JP would want me to: make sure no one else made the same mistake he did.

Guest Wunna Dig Race

I have lost some really close friends due to this stuff.....

I am sorry to hear about your friends I know that I dont know you guys but my prayers are out to you.....

I am strong believer in GOD and I have been raised to believe that. "GOD will not put you through more than you can handle"

I have thought about it several times because of my ex but then I realized that I was leaving a little boy behind and I couldnt do it.....

First, I wanna say I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't lost any close friends of mine, but I have seen more than a couple people I went to high school with lose their lives one way or another and even that's hard to take in. I can't imagine losing a really close friend.

Secondly, and this isn't intended to bring anyone down or anger anyone but rather more for clarification purposes, I was under the impression that suicide was considered a mortal sin and therefore did not allow entry into Heaven. Anyone "know" anything about that?

-Kevin

I was under the impression that suicide was considered a mortal sin and therefore did not allow entry into Heaven. Anyone "know" anything about that?

-Kevin

I have always heard the same thing. Not that I want to detour off-topic. The very last thing a person who has committed suiside has commited a sin, therefore he didn't have time to repent(spelling), not to mention it is pre-meditated. Being that premeditation is the only difference between that scenario and this one, what is the difference? A guy walking down the street drop a twenty dollar bill, and keeps walking. Then after watching the guy drop his dollar, I walk up there and pick it up, stick it in my pocket, and say"god damnit, that guy is a dumb fucker". Then I get hit by a semi. I die. I just commited multiple sins, do I get accepted into heaven?

Nevertheless, I have had many friends die, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Best of luck to you, and his family.

Ty

Secondly, and this isn't intended to bring anyone down or anger anyone but rather more for clarification purposes, I was under the impression that suicide was considered a mortal sin and therefore did not allow entry into Heaven. Anyone "know" anything about that?

-Kevin

Not true... this is something the Catholic church came up with. The only "mortal sin" is denying Christ as Saviour.

I have always heard the same thing. Not that I want to detour off-topic. The very last thing a person who has committed suiside has commited a sin, therefore he didn't have time to repent(spelling), not to mention it is pre-meditated. Being that premeditation is the only difference between that scenario and this one, what is the difference? A guy walking down the street drop a twenty dollar bill, and keeps walking. Then after watching the guy drop his dollar, I walk up there and pick it up, stick it in my pocket, and say"god damnit, that guy is a dumb fucker". Then I get hit by a semi. I die. I just commited multiple sins, do I get accepted into heaven?

Nevertheless, I have had many friends die, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Best of luck to you, and his family.

Ty

If you get accepted int to heaven is only determined by the acceptance or denial of Christ. Salvation cannot be lost due to a "slip up". The Bible says ( speaking of post salvation) "Chirst will never leave you nor forsake you".

I can empathize I think allot of times poeple don't understand the pain someone can feel. Suicide is a reaction when someone reaches the point when nothing else matters. Its a very ruff time if you get to the point you even contemplate it.

My condolences out to you. I think sometimes poeple don't see the pain someone is in and don't take someone serious when they say things. Sometimes shit is not a cry for attention its a cry for help. Other times there is no cry.