6 speed mooostang

Miller

Is there a 6 speed transmission for the foxbody out there? One that swaps in just like any other tranny and can hold some power?

If there is, some links and discussion would be good, I think a 6 speed would be great for some low rpm cruising, something I think is important for a cliche v8 (we know their gas habits).

There is a swap you can do... you will need the trany, bellhousing, clutch, (maybe flywheel) yoke, spacer, shifter, shift fork maybe an adjustable clutch cable and quadrant (maybe a driveshaft, i dont know for a fox). The swap will run you about 2500-3000 depending on what kind of clutch you want and stuff... if i was you i would go with a TKO900 from MMR... it is 5 speed but much more stronger... that is what I got… same price...

if i was you i would go with a TKO900 from MMR... it is 5 speed but much more stronger... that is what I got… same price...

that and how often do you think you'll really use 6th gear? if you cruse with too low of RPM it starts to use more fuel then if you cruse at too high of RPM.