Looking for some assistance with my website

pri_i_oh

I am looking for one of those computer junkie types with the know how to build one hell of a bad ass website. The kicker is.......(drumroll please).....I'm po' folk. So it needs to be relitively cheap. I am currently using "go daddy" as a server. They allow a free server as long as I put their logo across the top. But I dont want one of these pansey ass boring websites. I want people that dont even have bikes to go to my website just because its cool.

I am currently using "go daddy" as a server.

I've heard lots of negative things about godaddy. I use IX Web Hosting...

https://www.ixwebhosting.com/templates/ix/v2/affiliate/clickthru.cgi?id=davidrosso

Edited by SWing'R

I've heard lots of negative things about godaddy. I use IX Web Hosting...

I've used godaddy.com for a number of years with a bunch of different domains. Never had a problem with them at all, and I don't have their logo anywhere on any of the sites.

Up time is excellent, their email servers don't go down, their tech support is great (all USA based), and their pricing is better than most.

12oclocker sent you a PM

what are the advantages and disadvantages to IX webhosting as apposed to go daddy? With go daddy I get it free. it comes with my domain name. I dont mind paying as long as I get somekind of return on it.

Well IX is a paid service. I'm not going to bother comparing a paid service to a free service.

You get what you pay for sometimes. And if you payin nothing, well you can't expect to much.

For $60/year with IX you get ridiculous resources such as...

- 2500 email accounts

- unlimited storage space

- unlimited bandwidth

- unlimited domains & subdomains

- one dedicated ip

- one free domain name

Just at a quick glance, it looks like IX's cheapest plan has way more resources

than Godaddys BEST plan. You be the judge.

Edited by SWing'R

Well IX is a paid service. I'm not going to bother comparing a paid service to a free service.

You get what you pay for sometimes. And if you payin nothing' date=' well you can't expect to much.

For $60/year with IX you get ridiculous resources such as...

- 2500 email accounts

- unlimited storage space

- unlimited bandwidth

- unlimited domains & subdomains

- one dedicated ip

- one free domain name

Just at a quick glance, it looks like IX's cheapest plan has way more resources

than Godaddys BEST plan. You be the judge.[/quote']

Blah blah blah....

They're kinda low on the email storage (only 2 gig), and their prices are based on a two year deal. I think I'd still use godaddy.

Tell us, what do YOU get everytime someone clicks the link you posted?

Edited by Todd#43

I dont know how user friendly that IX thing is but go daddy isnt exactly the most user friendly thing. Ive been dickin around with it all day.

If you're using the godaddy "sitebuilder" deal, its not really that difficult.

Pretty limited as far as what you can do, but it will get you something up there pretty easy.

Tell us, what do YOU get everytime someone clicks the link you posted?

I get nothing for a CLICK.

I do make a commission for a sale.

What will Godaddy give you for a referral?? What was that??? Oh thats right, nothing!

Edited by SWing'R

Who knows Ive never done this stuff before because I dont have the patience for it.

Then you'll never be able to design your own site. Building a website is not for everyone. You've got to have some kind of understanding of HTML no matter what kind of WYSIWYG software you are using and you have to understand how to use a filemanager or ftp program to handle uploading and updating of your files.

It takes time. I currently own 18 domains.

I get nothing for a CLICK.

I do make a commission for a sale.

What will Godaddy give you for a referral?? What was that??? Oh thats right' date=' nothing![/quote']

Most businesses don't give you anything for a referral. Wouldnt expect it.

It takes time. I currently own 18 domains.

Oooohhhhh....I'm all impressed.

Oooohhhhh....I'm all impressed.

As you should be, I said that just to impress lil old you :rolleyes:

For everyone one else, I was simpy trying to get across the point that

I have plenty of my own sites and know a bit about this.

Oh, and giving your customers back something for sending business your

way is just good business, sorry Godaddy doesn't give a damn about you.

Edited by SWing'R

I am looking for one of those computer junkie types with the know how to build one hell of a bad ass website. The kicker is.......(drumroll please).....I'm po' folk. So it needs to be relitively cheap. I am currently using "go daddy" as a server. They allow a free server as long as I put their logo across the top. But I dont want one of these pansey ass boring websites. I want people that dont even have bikes to go to my website just because its cool.

WOW. let me get this straight. you want a web site that's cool and free? Good luck with that! :)

In all seriousness, do you want a static site that basically advertises your business? Or do you want a site that will allow you sell your product?

The latter will be expensive...especially if you do a custom site. I'm sure you can download some type of configurable e-commerce software to start. If you want the former, you can probably find some student majoring in graphic design to create you a cool Flash image for your homepage at a relatively cheap price.

I have some experience with e-commerce sites...not front-end WYSIWYG HTML/Flash...but data processing...Java/SQL experience...and even though my paycheck states otherwise...this development can get expensive.

Oh' date=' and giving your customers back something for sending business yourway is just [u']good business, sorry Godaddy doesn't give a damn about you.

I really don't care if godaddy gives a damn about me as a person. I didn't chose them to get a warm fuzzy feeling, or anything else out of the deal beyond what I paid for.

I didnt mean to start any fights here....lol and no I'm not looking to get anything for free. I just dont want to get screwed just because I have a business. I have two guys that have both given me great deals

Oh, i wasnt trying to start a fight...just trying to figure out what exactly it is you wanted, I was thinking I might be able to help out. Wanting a website can mean a lot of different things.

• 2 weeks later...