Autox at Trails this weekend.

Dr. Apex

Guest 78novaman

Wow I actually got some body lean from the beast through that slalom! The course was very difficult for me to drive. Terrible time for me the best I did was a 59 with some cones. The car kept understeering terribly and every time I hit the gas I was roasting the back tires. If you saw my last run, the turn after the slalom until the sharp left I lit em up and left a cloud of blue smoke.

That old corvette was BADASS!!! I was working corner 2 and we all were like DAAAUUUMMM when you blasted by!

I think I'll have to hold off on competing again for a while. The all seasons have taken quite a beating. I'll have to wait until I can afford a set of steelies and some slicks. Oh MrAutoX that Cougar is a bit of a large car to "throw around" as you say. That car weights like 3900lbs empty. Sorry I didn't hear you yell at me.

Wow I actually got some body lean from the beast through that slalom! The course was very difficult for me to drive. Terrible time for me the best I did was a 59 with some cones. The car kept understeering terribly and every time I hit the gas I was roasting the back tires. If you saw my last run, the turn after the slalom until the sharp left I lit em up and left a cloud of blue smoke.

That old corvette was BADASS!!! I was working corner 2 and we all were like DAAAUUUMMM when you blasted by!

I think I'll have to hold off on competing again for a while. The all seasons have taken quite a beating. I'll have to wait until I can afford a set of steelies and some slicks. Oh MrAutoX that Cougar is a bit of a large car to "throw around" as you say. That car weights like 3900lbs empty. Sorry I didn't hear you yell at me.

Yeah, you definitely had some body roll even on the all seasons. The problem with tires like those is they don't take heat well and will start chunking. Get some steelies and some Falken Azenis or Hankook RS2's, both are autocross oriented tires and the Hankook's are nice and cheap. If you would like some help with picking a line and handling that beast let me know, I will gladly ride with and give you any advice I can or get someone experienced to help. Smooth and steady is the theme for a car like that.

That Vette was mean, had me easily beat by half a second. I still have more to learn and can't pull 100% out of the S, it also helped he had probably twice the hp as us.

No biggie about hearing me, I think you went by as the Vette was getting on the trailer, hard to hear over open side pipes!!