Martial Arts

thorne

I'd be interested in wrastling aroun' wit ne one! Seriously, I could use the training and like Thorne said, running is just boring as hell. Plus, I'm too far outta shape. I do at least have a heavy bag I just picked up. Gotta hang still. Driving to Grove City from Deleware is bleh (muscless :D ) but I guess it would be worth it.

I've been wanting to look into something along the same lines, Thorne, but money has been my current issue. I'd, of course, spar with you for whatever you end up taking. Maybe you'll finally beat me there since you can't beat me in fighting on the xbox. ;)

I'd be interested in wrastling aroun' wit ne one! Seriously, I could use the training and like Thorne said, running is just boring as hell. Plus, I'm too far outta shape. I do at least have a heavy bag I just picked up. Gotta hang still. Driving to Grove City from Deleware is bleh (muscless :D ) but I guess it would be worth it.

I've been wanting to look into something along the same lines, Thorne, but money has been my current issue. I'd, of course, spar with you for whatever you end up taking. Maybe you'll finally beat me there since you can't beat me in fighting on the xbox. ;)

I have a guy in Mt. Vernon that is opening a dojo. He is going to have Israeli martial arts. Ie. KRAV, Fight, ect. also he will have Ju-Jitsu. This will not be a place for kids, or the faint of heart. He trains guys for local fight events. There a re a couple of guys that should be going for UFC.

I think this type of thread always turns into my style kicks your style war. Really it comes down to what you want from the classes. I've taken Shurin Ryu (Okinawan) which was very traditional with an instructor who was totally into the "religous" aspects of the eastern arts as well as just killing people. I've also been 180 degrees around to a very modern school which used boxing techniques as the primary hand fighting tricks, used the usual karate kicks, and then used Ju Jitsu for the ground work.

I personally liked the traditional school since I"m a history buff as well. I really didn't like the modern stuff and the instructor was pretty pussy and while all the shuffling that boxing comes with was a good workout it just wasn't karate to me. The guy had about 50 lbs and nearly a foot of height on me and I could take him standing or on the ground. He just didn't have the heart of a warrior if you get what I mean.

so just find something you like and maybe even something a buddy is into or get a buddy to come along. I know its more fun that way. Sure wish I had the time. Maybe I'll set myself up a nice dojo again once I get out in the country in a few weeks and make myself not all lazy:-)

Evan

If we can get a group together I'd be down for having class here at home on sundays or something. Maybe for like 5 bucks to help pay for the other mat I want to buy. Hell get some guys who know different styles and teach each other

I have a guy in Mt. Vernon that is opening a dojo. He is going to have Israeli martial arts. Ie. KRAV, Fight, ect. also he will have Ju-Jitsu. This will not be a place for kids, or the faint of heart. He trains guys for local fight events. There a re a couple of guys that should be going for UFC.

Too bad Mt Vernon wasn't a bit closer to where I live. :(