torque converter questions (turbo 400)

Guest drumer919

Guest drumer919

I found a killer deal on a new B&M torque master 3000 and couldn't pass it up. Does it have the same bolt patters as my flex plate (stock from the G20 van my th400 came from)? What length bolts do I need and what the hell does UHL mean (it is listed in the specs for torque converter bolt sets)?

Also, what does "New thrust washer between turbine and cover when required." mean?

UHL is underhead length. It sounds like you'll need some converter bolts as well. Most aftermarket converters for GM applications use a nut instead of a threaded tab.

You should be able to pick them up at Jegs. ARPs are good quality and only around 10 bucks (depends on if you need .75" or 1.25"). I would think that with a stock flexplate .75" would be fine, but you may want to check the total thickness of the converter tab and flexplate and leave room for the thickness of the nut.

Guest drumer919
I just got the bolts from jegs (230-7302 Chevy torque converter bolt kit) and the god damn things dont fit through the holes in my converter. How bad would it be to use some regular ass grade 8 bolts I find at lowes?