FFW or NMRA

mtzgr

FFW sucks balls. That is all. The fact that they switched FFW to the same weekend as the superbowl was so stupid, no Pro 5.0, 3 Outlaw rides, and basically all Open Comp cars... basically a hugs ass bracket race weekend. True street wasn't much better, with the 30 mile cruise not getting over a avg of 40mph , yeah this is my last year of running FFW. Something is wrong when the Drag Radial class cars, are in True Street. LOL

FFW sucks balls. That is all. The fact that they switched FFW to the same weekend as the superbowl was so stupid, no Pro 5.0, 3 Outlaw rides, and basically all Open Comp cars... basically a hugs ass bracket race weekend. True street wasn't much better, with the 30 mile cruise not getting over a avg of 40mph , yeah this is my last year of running FFW. Something is wrong when the Drag Radial class cars, are in True Street. LOL

I have been racing FFW Norwalk For 14 years This is the worst yet I will admit true street had 102 you know that. cars not too far down from last 6 years there.There were more than 3 outlaw cars no pr 5.0 because it was not scheduled for that race.It has always been a bigger bracket race than heads up race at norwalk thats not changed.Fun Ford Weekend moved because of the NHRA.NMRA was the ones that should not have scheduled there race the same weekend.Last year Fun fird Weekend ws same weekend as it has been since 1993 and NMRA scheduled there race the same weekend.This year there should not have been a conflict since FFW had to move up 2 weeks but NMRA scheduled same weekend,Now you can tell that was done on purpose.NMRA and FFW have had a hard on for each other for years.I race them both also and most of the time They BOTH SUCK!!!.I was right next to you in True street Amy In the Fairmont.

The red one??

Yeah FFW and NMRA both are at each others throats.. 2 years ago FFW was amazing, TS was 160 cars, Pro 5/0 was the and everything.. was just a badass event, there being hardly no vendors, heads up racers, just made it suck. But, thats just me, Im not much of a fan of bracket racing.. I love heads up.. so who knows.

Hope they start making some changes. :-)

Yes the red one.

My Alternator was going bad and would not run everything on my car so when my car would try to build boost my car would just pop and crack.My Little fairmont still has factory 40amp alternator that was on it when it was 6 cylinder trying to run

Fast system

MSD ignition

and everything else

The car usually runs low 11's best of 11.17 121mph this year

There is some press on it in MM&FF magazine this month from WFCX coverage check it out

FFW at norwalk gets worse every year about 3 years ago it was a blast and didnt want to go home.. this year i just wanted to leave.. for how much money you pay to stay the whole weekend it was a waste.. no vendors.. no pro cars.. tim lynch owns because there were only 2 other cars to compete.. next year i will just go on sat. to watch true street.

NMRA owns FFW

I hear ya guys on all this stuff. Its definatly my last year competiting there. Too much crap goes on with it.

Hope to see you guys at the Columbus race. Best of luck and hope the car issues are all ok with the Fairmont. Maybe we will all have a better time in C-bus!!

:-)

Yeah we are changing a few things on the fairmont right now to work a few bugs out of it.Thats why I willnot be going to Bristol Tennessee FFW this weekend 1st time I have missed it in 14 years..Its just a fun little sleeper car we put together with a stock explorer motor and turbo but runs well.I will not be racing it at NMRA columbus do to issues I have with it being affiliated with the expo and some things that pissed me off a few years ago when they 1st changed to labor day weekend.I'am getting it ready for the NMRA world finals I will be there for sure.I may race it at King of Columbus on The 17th also.

Thats awesome. Yeah I remember seeing the car next to me, and noticing some things about it.. I was like hmm, I bet that thing scoots! :-)

I will probably run at King of Columbus, not sure. Definatly be at The World Finals again this year. Loved it last year when I ran King of The Street... good times!

I'am submitting the fairmont for King of The Street This year.I e-mailed them and told them they need to mix it up a little have a different type of fox and my little car is very mild mannered and drives great and runs great numbers for no more than it really is.

Well as much as I would love to see them switch it up, Im not so sure that's going to happen. Basically the event is a bunch of 100k dollar shop cars that make ungodly power but FOR THE MOST PART none of them ever see the light of day, outside of a garage except for that event. LOL

I was asked by one of the other "racers".. why are you driving that car on the road..My response: Isn't this "King of The Street??" So yeah, I hope to see someone get in and mix it up some...Best of Luck to you and hope that you do make it! Would be great to see!

It is held at the World Finals in Bowling Green, KY. Every year. You have to submit a application and see if you get picked out of the thousands that apply. If you get picked you compete against 10 of the top mustangs in the country. Submit your application to 5.0 mustang. The address should be in there. or online.