Megasquirt tuners?

Rally Pat

I run it, but you know that Pat. I'm no dyno tuner though.

Yeah, I could learn the tuning myself, but I would much rather not risk having my motor burst into flames. I just want to get a base tune going at least, then I could do the fine tuning myself.

Yeah, I could learn the tuning myself, but I would much rather not risk having my motor burst into flames. I just want to get a base tune going at least, then I could do the fine tuning myself.

I'd think it'd be just the opposite. Base tunes are easy to do. You define your AFR table, get your car to idle, start datalogging and go driving around the block. Use MegaLogViewer to open your datalog and MSQ file and have it analyze it for you and it'll give you a good VE table based on the how you drove the car. Just keep doing that until you are out cruising and doing pulls. Using that analyzer workds really well if you have a long datalog of many different points, such as WOT pulls, cruising, partial throttle pulls, high RPM and low throttle, low RPM and high throttle, and whatever else you can do.

I'd be using the dyno to fine tune it then as road conditions always change.

Depending on what code you use there is a nice autotune feature that can help you build the table. More than likely someone else with a similar setup can give a msq file to start with and you can customize it to your application. My VE table was from an eclipse with a smaller turbo and different injectors and I have just been tweaking it. Saturday night I really got the WOT bins into a much safer af range and it actually feels like the car has come to life. The logging feature is great for getting the car dialed in.

i don't know if megasquirt includes a WB but if not. Buy one and a TurboXS or other brand knock light.

Allot of people on here could post there fuel curves for turbo cars if your just making a base fuel map.

i don't know if megasquirt includes a WB but if not. Buy one and a TurboXS or other brand knock light.

Allot of people on here could post there fuel curves for turbo cars if your just making a base fuel map.

It doesn't include a wideband of yet, but you definately input a wideband signal from many different widebands. Depending on the code, like Mr Blunt 2gnt mentioned, can give you many different options. A guy that lives in my complex showed me the HP Tuners and AEM software they use to tune their cars, and even thought the MS is open-source and constantly developing, it has many features that some of the high tech $3000 systems can't compare to. Of course, it also lacks features that the other systems have. Funny how the MS is ~$250 for the "best" version to date.

Taco Bell gives me the Megasquirts. I havent been able to tune that out yet.

That's all in tuning your idle pulsewidths right there. You're injecting way too much "gas" and washing your "rings" away as you are "idling" in the bathroom.