3000 GT vr-4

Mattsn2o281

Can they really hit 12's with bolt ons? I hear they handle quite well for big cars. Anyway, i'm still trying to make up my mind, i really do want a vr-4 i think, just not sure if i want this one. Oh i was wrong, the car is a 94 so thats another plus. the tranny is the only thing bothering me now.. thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.

I went out tonight and drove the car again, and yes it does ride fine around 130 lol. 6spd, 320hp and awd is getting really hard not to jump on. i cant belive how well these cars move 1st-3rd gear. after thinking about it, it really doesnt weigh much more then my mustang. Hey Jeff, you have a pm.

I again would get a couple of opinons on the car. Unless this is going to be a weekend driver that you dont need to rely on.

I loved my 3kgt................when it ran. I sunk a lot of money into, complete motor rebuild, new crank, new turbos, and still had issues. Yes it may have been bad luck, but really. Go to 3si look at any random meetings thread and count how many people would show up if only thier car ran.

If you have the money then by all means get it and have fun. If not I would look for a more reliable daily driver.

Just out of curiosity, how do you like your wrx compared to the 3kgt when it was running in good shape?

I wont mind basicly rebuilding the whole car, thats the idea over the long run, but i just want something other then the mustang to drive. its becoming more of a straight line car, and it sucks driving it on the highway. loud exhaust, drag radials, and no front sway bar makes for a sketchy ride sometimes.

Completely love the WRXs. They are both stock and both daily drivers. Not near as fast as the 3000, but they have been much more reliable and so far much easier to work on.

If you have the money and you can do the work yourself then go for the 3000, but if you dont. I would stay away from them....just my opinion.