My house flooded!!!!

PrincessPratt

Ya I'm going to call my agent tomorrow who happens to be one of my best friends (it's her agency). She's looking into switching me over to a policy that's a bit more expensive but has that "accident" forgiveness clause in it. She feels bad b/c she never told me about it b/f my last fiasco. Well see what happens.

I am a perfectionist through and through and after looking at it again when I woke up this morning I can tell I am NOT going to be happy looking at it every day. Plus i want to sell in about 4 years from now. I will NOT be able to sell with the floors looking the way they do. :(

Jeremy do u do hardwood floors as well? I mean do you SPECIALIZE in them. I am very picky about which contractors I use. Just as cmoosego...hehe.

jeremy specializes in flooring, jeff has done it before.... and so have I... just laid a beautiful maple floor a couple weeks ago... as far as purchasing materials I'd go with lumber liquidators, they are def going to be less expensive then lowes and you'll be able to get a higher quality for the same price.... check out the website, www.lumberliquidators.com and look at the different grades of bamboo that they have.... I saw a couple that you might like in the 2.00 a square foot range.... beats the heck outta 4 or 5

Chris.....I searched for almost 2 months for the "perfect" bamboo floors last november. I went to lumber liquidators. A nurse I was working with at the time had her son in law lay the "natural" bamboo floors from lumbar liquidators. It was NOT uniform in color. Some were light some were darker (very similar to the spice color bamboo that I laid in my bedroom)!!!! It's b/c they are from all different maturity of the tree (that's what the people at LL said). Although it was very pretty in her home I wanted it all to be the EXACT same color in my downstairs. I have maple cabinets and I wanted my floors to match that. I had no problems going with LL last year but their "higher" end product was the exact same price as lowes. And lowes gave me 20% off my entire order b/c of some "issues" that I had with some people in that dept at the Easton branch. I've decided (depending on what my insurance co says) that I may put the stuff from LL in but I will be replacing the white carpet I have in my famiily room. So that's why I went to lowes. The product is quite nice.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never do work for a friend or acquaintance. If there is an issue, Makes resolution much more difficult. I have done it and ended up loosing a good friend over it.

Just a piece of advice.

I have been down that road too.... but I do work for friends all the time, and if there are ever issues and we can't resolve them then we were not very good friends to begin with .... best to weed the bad ones out..... I have found that some of my very best friends are the ones I can count on to help me out in tough times.... like Jagr, and max power, and Princess.... I'd help them out anytime anywhere cause I know they'd do the same for me...

I have been down that road too.... but I do work for friends all the time, and if there are ever issues and we can't resolve them then we were not very good friends to begin with .... best to weed the bad ones out..... I have found that some of my very best friends are the ones I can count on to help me out in tough times.... like Jagr, and max power, and Princess.... I'd help them out anytime anywhere cause I know they'd do the same for me...

THAT'S RIGHT BROTHA!!! :D See u & VRod dave soon right?? Can't wait to get these freakin wires out of here. I'm still in my jammies......

+1. Now I wouldn't recommend selling a car or bike to friends unless it's perfect.

as long as you know what your getting you'll be fine. You can't expect perfection from a used item.

Sara can you seal your new floor after you put it down to keep something like this from happening again?

:ttiwwop:

:p

Hahahaha....well I'm not going to post any pics. It was pretty scary this morning when they came over. I got busy with stuff and forgot to get in the shower b/f they got there. when they showed up I had my red pj bottoms on...had slept in my sweater from the night b/f and had one pony tail holder in and the other one had come out. Needless to say it was a very, very scary sight. :D They took it in stride though.

Hahahaha....well I'm not going to post any pics. It was pretty scary this morning when they came over. I got busy with stuff and forgot to get in the shower b/f they got there. when they showed up I had my red pj bottoms on...had slept in my sweater from the night b/f and had one pony tail holder in and the other one had come out. Needless to say it was a very, very scary sight. :D They took it in stride though.

hey the princess is always in the hottie hot status.... so all you dudes just keep on droolin, she's gonna keep on movin!!

Sooooooooooooooooo I have a gazillion freakin fans, heaters, etc etc in my home right now along with a bunch of young guys working on things. My insurance company wants a whole freakin WEEK to see if they can STILL dry out. WTF????!!!???? My floors are buckled but they want to see if they can salvage some of it. The bamboo isn't going to match if I only install partial NEW flooring. I already talked to u Jeremy about this. While they are here working on it night and day they're putting me up in a suite at the marriot at easton. Anyone want to come party??? hehe. j/k. I'm having some major Wii action this weekend!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo I have a gazillion freakin fans, heaters, etc etc in my home right now along with a bunch of young guys working on things. My insurance company wants a whole freakin WEEK to see if they can STILL dry out. WTF????!!!???? My floors are buckled but they want to see if they can salvage some of it. The bamboo isn't going to match if I only install partial NEW flooring. I already talked to u Jeremy about this. While they are here working on it night and day they're putting me up in a suite at the marriot at easton. Anyone want to come party??? hehe. j/k. I'm having some major Wii action this weekend!!!!

cool a weeeeeeee party at pratt's hacienda!!!! cause it's weeeeeee fun!!

cool a weeeeeeee party at pratt's hacienda!!!! cause it's weeeeeee fun!!

Ya can u believe the crap I've had to go through Chris. when will it ever end? I guess I shouldn't aske that question. When ever things seem to be pouring in my life I just remember the families I have to talk to every day and help them send their loved ones to Jesus! Things could always be worse.

Ya can u believe the crap I've had to go through Chris. when will it ever end? I guess I shouldn't aske that question. When ever things seem to be pouring in my life I just remember the families I have to talk to every day and help them send their loved ones to Jesus! Things could always be worse.

Yep.... you could be averaging 2 hrs of work a day like me..... I'm pretty close to checking the fries at mickey d's.....