FS: small utility trailer

billzie

Howdy folks,

I have a small utility trailer for sale. It has served me very well for the last 10 years but it was time for a larger trailer. I am the second owner, it was originally purchased at Sears in 1983 made by Kar-Rite in Franklin Park IL just down the road from the Sears warehouse (they don't make trailers since Thule bought them out), so it's not one of the cheapo China built POS on the market today. It is in very good condition once you look past the weathered deck, I've never done anything to pretty it up. The original stamped steel C channel tongue got twisted when the little lady jack-knifed it several years ago, I replaced it with a 2x2 box piece (seen in pic) but it was thin wall and after a couple of seasons it cracked, and now I have replaced that with a 2x3 rectangle piece of thick wall from the scrap yard and that should outlast the rest of the trailer. The current deck is 48"x40" but I've had 48"x72" on there in the past. I believe the max load is 1000 lbs according to the title. Tongue accepts standard 1 7/8" ball. The tires are in good shape and haven't had to add air in them this season yet. I've had to splice the wiring, and one tail light lens is missing (see pic, I did remove the tape and lens completely now), but I'll try to find a replacement (can't be more than a few bucks at Napa), I installed small wheels on the end so I can tip it on end and roll it next to the garage wall for storage. The bearings were replaced and packed last fall and I've only used it twice this year.

I just used it last week for a quick trip to Lowes b/c I didn't want to pull out the bigger trailer and I was using my Merc Tracer to pull, I loaded a 60" bathroom cabinet and double bowl sink top and a 40g hot water heater on it, no problems. This little trailer is perfect for someone who needs something to haul smaller stuff like this or a riding mower, or only has a small car, and has limited space to store it, or could be a dedicated equipment trailer to mount a welder or generator.

This trailer was almost $300 when bought at Sears 24 years ago (atoo), and the new cheapo China made ones are about $220 new (unassembled)(ie @ Harbor) or $300 assembled (ie @ Lowes, HD, TSC).

I'd like to get $100 for it, OBO, and will accept partial trades plus cash.

I can accept Paypal if needed, but cash is king.

I can deliver to the Col area but delivery fee will be charged.

Thanks for looking, Bill.

Another pic and more pics of other stuff I have for sale can be seen here

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/billzie/Items%20for%20sale/Trailer2.jpg