YEEAAARRRGH! I'm a pirate

Science Abuse

Lake man, Lakes. I don't need outriggers for river travel. :)

No, I mean I've been wanting to hit the rivers. Wouldn't think those outriggers would be a good idea in a river. I lived on and near lakes and oceans all my life. Never had too much experience on rivers. Wouldn't mind spending a day cruising down one relaxing, fishing, with a little excitement.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having any other kind of boat type object for any kinda water fun. :( Man, I miss my boat.

Where the hell is a lake around you?

Maiden voyage here on Satuday morning. Shallow wreck diving in those islands/shoals.

Also, theres Cowan about 20-30 minutes away, where the RnD was done.

Canoe rental places aren't hard to find, and ebay canoes are cheap. Get out and make it happen. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
so can we start back with the buttpirate jokes?

YARRR, DID YE GET LONELY OUT AT SEA, MATEY?? SINK YOUR LANDLUBBER IN ANYONE'S BALLAST?

I did get jabbed by me' oar handle when I wrecked the boat.

Oh did I mention that? I decided to take a trip out one day, and got caught out in a mild gale. 6 foot swells on the lake, 4 feet rolling over the sandbar that separated me from shore. I've done allot of fun things, but nothing like surfing a 16 foot boat.

You row hard to match speed with the surf, a wave picks you up and carries you off with real speed and acceleration. It was a hell of a rush, up until (and including) getting broached.

What is broaching?