Mandrel bent exhaust shops

Buck531

Guest Removed

Mandrel bent exhaust shop, if you find one let me know!

tubalur tecknics(sp)(in hillard) but not sure if they do 3". you could always get the prebent peices and fit and fab it....like i have been doing!

Mandrel bent exhaust shop, if you find one let me know!

tubalur tecknics(sp)(in hillard) but not sure if they do 3". you could always get the prebent peices and fit and fab it....like i have been doing!

Well yeah.. that's what I pretty much want to have done. Just get the pieces and have it fabbed up. I'm just not looking to spend $200 in labor costs to get it cut and welded. It's just a single exhaust and one muffler.

Rob.. it's almost like this. except, lop off the entire left side of the exhaust. I'd only want/need the pipe going to the right.

http://www.childstracks.net/staticpages/images/gmpp.jpg

Here's a halfway decent vid I took like in 03. http://bucky.kicks-ass.net/movies/exhaust/exhaustlook.wmv Lop off the left side and that's what I need.

thats 6 90's.....from what i see...is this right?

and it being stainless, it should be tigged!

Maybe I don't need stainless? I dunno. I just want a cheap 3" mandrel exhaust :). the 2.5" press bent sucks and I want ot get rid of my cutout and drop some weight.

Guest Removed
if you buy the mild steel stuff from jegs, 3" 90's. 6 of them plus a lenght or two of 3" tubing it can be done, but it would take most of the day to get it right, to where it wont rattle etc. and would be much easyer on a lift. and if someone told you $200 in labor thats not that bad of a deal...im thinking maybe 4-6 hours min to do something like that!plus you would need some (what we call )candy kanes to use for the hangers..if you cant us the factory stuff...what kind of time frame you looking to have it done in?

Guest Maximus DM

Buck,

Call Joe at Research Alloy on Goodale and ask if they have any 3" 304L tubing. I know they generally keep 2.5" 10' lengths and sell it by the lb. The last time I was in there I bought a 10' piece of 2.5" 304L for under $25. If you're lucky to catch them after they've purchased scrap from a closing dairy farm (which is not that often), you can find mandrel bent 3" .065 wall tubing with 90* and 45* pieces already welded up.

Also, Tubular Techniques sells mandrel bent 90* and 45* pieces, but they are expensive. Last time I checked the 90* ones were $40 a piece.

You can arc weld stainless with a BlueMax rod, but it does not come out nearly as nice as TIG. I have access to a TIG, but it is quite hard to master.