Too good to be true?

superchevy72

Its all no-name parts so no the price does not seem to crazy low. however the reason is the turbos are shit and are almost positive to fail within months of use, and all the knockoff parts like bov's and gates will most likely do the same. i know of a kid who paid like 700 for a full kit for his honda, yea its complete, yea its shiney, and yea it took a shit after about 1500 miles. i think hes on his 3rd or 4th now.

But i also know of a kid who got a fox setup off there and its still going strong. i guess its luck off the draw...

Yea you could. I though about getting one for my car, and basicly just using the hard parts. replace the turbo right away, and the gate and bov if and when i have a issue. You thinking about buying that?

yea im seriously thinking about it. Wouldnt be operational till next spring because im redoing the whole car over the winter. all new interior and a few body panels and its getting a fresh paint job. If i did go with a turbo setup im going to go with an all forged internal 383 with aluminum heads and possibly fuel injection. thinking about maybe the holley commander setup or the GM ramjet.

that kit is jank as fuck. you're basically buying a blown motor for 1300 bucks. first of all, every part is chinese or tawainese knock off shit. they're trying to lure you hard with a lot of parts and big power promises.

".57 compressor wheel trim mapped for low and high boost setups." im not even sure what this is supposed to mean, 'mapped turbos', but its wrong. a turbo is set to be efficient in one general range. these arent miracle turbos that will be super bomb dank ass at 6psi and 20psi. those dont exist, and if they did they wouldnt be made in china.

second of all, its not a complete kit. the intercooler pipes are a joke, there probably wont be enough length or bends. there are no couplers or clamps included. there are no oil feed or return lines. im being nitpicky about that stuff, but it'll cost money.

however, lastly and most importantly, theres no fuel stuff! no injectors, no ecu, no tuning, no pump, no nothing! they give a pressure regulator thats also cheesy knock off junk. yeah, that'll work. just bump up the pressure as you add more boost, what could go wrong!? getting a proper fuel set up capable of handling as much power as it claims and a proper form of tuning it is not a cheap task.

im sure with enough time and money, this kit will run. but every thing ive read about these knock off parts has been either blatantly bad or 'hit or miss'. There are 5 parts on that kit that will blow up your engine if they fail: turbo 1, turbo 2, wastegate 1, wastegate 2, and fuel pressure regulator. i wouldnt trust it for a second.

the only things decent in the kit are the manifolds and the intercooler itself. the manifolds might work once you get the almost certainly warped flanges milled flat (more $$) and intercoolers are pretty much fail proof unless they leak.

okay, ive ranted enough. in short, dont waste your hard earned money on this headache of a kit.

now someone can come in and talk about their buddies cousins civic that ran a 9 for 600 dollars using one of these kits, i dont care, they suck. :)