haydocy dealership

kirks5oh

i've had my GTO there 3 times since buying it, for warranty work.

1st--shifter knob broken, driver's seat motor not working

2nd--some oxidation on the inner seam of the hood was cleared up, and the underside of the hood repainted

3rd--plastic engine cover replaced, new key fob bought (since i only had one key)

here's the good--they've fixed everything without question, honoring my warranty without concern or any problems

here's the bad--every time i've taken the car there, it seems like 2 or 3 new scratches appear on the car. also, after my second repair there, i suspected the car had been driven, because i thought my average fuel economy had decreased, and i also thought my gas guage read less fuel when i picked the car up.

and finally, yesterday, when i had the plastic cover put on and the new key programmed, i noticed i was down 1/8th of a tank, compared when i brought it in, and my average fuel economy was a full 1mpg less---there's only two ways this can happen. 1)if the car is idled for an hour or two, and 2)if someone rags the car out hard. i'm kicking myself for not recording the mileage when i dropped it off, but i was in a hurry. and the mileage they recorded was from 3 weeks ago, when i originally ordered the key.

anyways, i spoke with the service manager, complained, and ended up leaving with nothing having been done. its impossible to prove anything, but i know what happened.

The service writer should record the mileage when you check it in

the mileage was written in pen on the tag that was attached to my key. that could have easily been done after they took the car out. they did not record the mileage as soon as i brought the car in. that is the first thing they should check and record, but i didn't see them do it.