Short term jobs question.

thorne

1. you hit the nail one the head.

2. Always had documentation. And exactly as you said, i always had a witness. It still doesn;t matter, as it turned in to a he said / he said deal. this wasn't my first rodeo with something like this, in the transportation world you sometimes have to deal with the worst people possible. i always covered my ass. i just got royally screwed on this deal.

Ok, my next questions...

1. Did the documentation content and wording follow company process and policy to the mother fuckin T?

2a. Does siad company have a specifically outlined CRP? (Concern Resolution Process)

2b. Did the employee follow that process, and provide documention of each step taken?

3. At what point, if any, did you involve one or more supuriors in a one-on-one-with mediator sit down to not only solve the issues, but also set in stone the CRYSTAL CLEAR expectations of siad employee?

4. Did the employee show documentation that he did infact lawyer up AFTER the date that you initialy fired him, and most importantly, REMOVED HIM FROM THE PAYROLL SYSTEM???

- This would have been my VERY first inquery only because most businesses have a clause in the intial paperwork stating that an employee is under no sercumstances allowed to make a move to take legal action while still under the payroll. And untill they are removed from that, they are still technicaly an employee. If they should do that, they immediatly give up any uncollected wages and are seceptable to a counter suit of large proportion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a few side things I might have enough money in the next 2 weeks. I got to get a IC is the key. If I put the turbo one with out the new IC I'm going to kick myself.

Ive got one in my closet... ill sell it to you cheap... $150

yeah I will have to price out what it would cost piping but yeah i would love to take a look at it. You up for any types of trades?

Heres a pic of it i took a while ago right after i got it. Laying on top of it is a PS2...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mrmeanr/DSC01748.jpg

Ok, my next questions...

1. Did the documentation content and wording follow company process and policy to the mother fuckin T?

2a. Does siad company have a specifically outlined CRP? (Concern Resolution Process)

2b. Did the employee follow that process, and provide documention of each step taken?

3. At what point, if any, did you involve one or more supuriors in a one-on-one-with mediator sit down to not only solve the issues, but also set in stone the CRYSTAL CLEAR expectations of siad employee?

4. Did the employee show documentation that he did infact lawyer up AFTER the date that you initialy fired him, and most importantly, REMOVED HIM FROM THE PAYROLL SYSTEM???

- This would have been my VERY first inquery only because most businesses have a clause in the intial paperwork stating that an employee is under no sercumstances allowed to make a move to take legal action while still under the payroll. And untill they are removed from that, they are still technicaly an employee. If they should do that, they immediatly give up any uncollected wages and are seceptable to a counter suit of large proportion.

1. You do seem to know business management very well. Yes to the t, letting it be known what infractions he commited, what policys he had violated and what future repercussions would be.

2a. Yes and no. they have no outlined grivence (sp) procedure, i was supposed to handle any interoffice or driver related issues and my word was to be final. however it was stated in the policy handbook that if employees were unhappy with a disiplinary (sp) action they could contact H/r that would then look into the matter.

2b. employee had zero documentation to back his side, i had his entire personel file. i also dug a bit deeper into his past when i saw the way he was acting.

3. here's the shitty part, there was no one above me in the state. the vp came in once a month, unless all hell broke loose. the second time we had an issue i called corperate and had them speak to him.

4. He was removed from the payroll system within 12 hrs of me firing him. he did in fact have a lawyer, as i spoke with him and directed him to contact corperate with any concerns. he was reinstated the next morning, by corperate. what was said i do not know, as they would tell me what the fuck was going on.

The next incedent we had was the one that got me fired, i never did find out what was going on.

sorry for shittin on your thread thorne... :D

3. here's the shitty part, there was no one above me in the state. the vp came in once a month, unless all hell broke loose. the second time we had an issue i called corperate and had them speak to him.

Boom! And theres the breakdown. Had you made a solid attempt to do the sit down, things would have been different. How do you do this when your superiors are not readily avilible do you ask? One key phrase, "Supension Pending Termination" Using that phrase in both word of mouth and written documentation will win you almost any case if executed properly.

Rather than firing him on the spot and moving to remove him from payroll, you should have told him he was Suspended Pending Termination. At which point you also tell him that you will be contacting the next availible superior to schedule a sit down meeting to give an unbiased mediation between the two of you. It sucks, but its the process. If grounds are found to terminate the employee, well the superior does it, and youre off the hook. If no grounds are found then the worst thing that can happen is the employee gets paid any SCHEDULED hours missed, and continues working with the understanding youre not fucking around anymore... big whoop.

When it comes to HR, i know almost every loop hole there is, and have become an expert in covering my own ass. Why you say? Because at one time I was an HR nightmare... maybe not the biggest, but most deffinatly the most reoccuring. I even threw an employee out on to the pavement once... literally... and kept my job because i played the process correctly. So in my professional opinon, the breakdown is what got you fired. Its unfortunate, but ive seen it several times. Most times the employee wont lawyer up, but you just happen to be dealing with a tool of an employee.

If you ever get into a jam with anything business management, ESPECIALLY HR issues, give me a shout, im sure i can add some insight ;)

Good Luck :woowoo:

Boom! And theres the breakdown. Had you made a solid attempt to do the sit down, things would have been different. How do you do this when your superiors are not readily avilible do you ask? One key phrase, "Supension Pending Termination" Using that phrase in both word of mouth and written documentation will win you almost any case if executed properly.

Rather than firing him on the spot and moving to remove him from payroll, you should have told him he was Suspended Pending Termination. At which point you also tell him that you will be contacting the next availible superior to schedule a sit down meeting to give an unbiased mediation between the two of you. It sucks, but its the process. If grounds are found to terminate the employee, well the superior does it, and youre off the hook. If no grounds are found then the worst thing that can happen is the employee gets paid any SCHEDULED hours missed, and continues working with the understanding youre not fucking around anymore... big whoop.

When it comes to HR, i know almost every loop hole there is, and have become an expert in covering my own ass. Why you say? Because at one time I was an HR nightmare... maybe not the biggest, but most deffinatly the most reoccuring. I even threw an employee out on to the pavement once... literally... and kept my job because i played the process correctly. So in my professional opinon, the breakdown is what got you fired. Its unfortunate, but ive seen it several times. Most times the employee wont lawyer up, but you just happen to be dealing with a tool of an employee.

If you ever get into a jam with anything business management, ESPECIALLY HR issues, give me a shout, im sure i can add some insight ;)

Good Luck :woowoo:

company men lol

i say that whilest im becoming one but only cuz it pays better lol

Nick you are a fucking genious man. I never even thought about doing that. guess i didnt cover my ass as well as i thought...

When ever you want to fire someone, your argument cant be the things that they are doing wrong... your argument has to be that you gave them every possible oppertunity to be coached and resolve the issue on thier own. Basically youre saying "well i gave this guy every oppertunity to try and keep his job, but at this point, i have no choice but to let him go."

So always remember, when you really want to fire someone, you do everything you can to help them keep thier job! If they really want to keep it, theyll turn around and be a good employee, if not, well the process works in and of itself.

I dont know if I would go as far as genious :D but thanks for the compliment ;0

company men lol

i say that whilest im becoming one but only cuz it pays better lol

If you want to survive, you have to think that way. Rather than worrying about what can go wrong, worry about how to get out of ANYTHING that can go wrong. Dont misunderstand that for not taking responsibiltiy or accountablity, but how to use all the red tape to your advantage. The corperate world is a nasty place with shit hidding in corners that you cant even imagine.

You are right... the rewards are greater... but so are the punishments.