Looking for some reccomendations..

Draco-REX

Well, looks like I won't have to wait until next year to join you guys at the cruises and shows. :) And if the banking gods are willing, I'll be able to show up for the cruise-in this weekend! :)

I'll sit on what car it is for now.. ;) (Here's a big hint: I won't be able to participate in any burn-out contests.)

However, there are some things I want to get done to the car and since I'm new to the area, I'd like some advice on what shops I can trust.

The first thing is Vinyl. No, not ricer vinyl ;). I want to get a 3M clear-bra applied and have the windows tinted. Would any of you reccomend a particular shop for this? Any any reccomendations on tint would be appreciated as well. I'm looking more for interior longevity.

Secondly, the car is Black and will be a daily driver. There were some really nice looking cars at the ASR car show last weekend. Any of you have reccomendations on a protective wash/wax product or combo of products that isn't a PITA to apply but will help protect my car's thin paint?

There are some other things I'll be doing to the car, but it won't be as immediate as these preventitive measures.

From what I've seen here at CR, though there's a lot of trash talk, there seems to have a very low BS quotient when it comes to the cars themselves, so I'll appreciate any advice. :) Thanks

EDIT: Just thought of another question. Anyone know of a good shop for doing alignments?

first: using search is your friend. :)

second: for tint Quality window tint is one of the better tint shops in C-bus not sure if they do the rock blocker PM spaceghost he had it done to his STi.

for waxing if you want to have it done Zaino andy (audion19s) is your go to guy.

If you want to do it yourself get a clay bar and any good 3 step process will do (swril remover, polish, and wax). really only has to be done every 4 to 6 month and a good wash and wax with quaulity products every month or so to keep it up.

As for shops I would say any shops we have in the sponser list will be good

for the alignment Derek (Turborust) can hook you up at NTB.

Thanks for the advice. I see what you mean about searching for tint. Usually questions like that don't have such a clear consensus which is why I asked. Seems like Quality Window Tint is the hands-down favorite.

As for the show n' shine, I was curious what people prefer to use for their weekly (or so) upkeep. Once I get the 3M on, I'll get a good polish/wax job done and see if "Zaino Andy" can get me started right. :)

The alignment won't be right away.. Going to put some suspension mods in first. The factory alignment will do for now.

put some suspension mods in...

we handle those too.

I might have you fix them.. ;) I want to wrench on this car myself as much as possible. I should know enough not to get into too much trouble. ;)

Dont tell me...you bought an RX-7.

No, but I was toying with the idea of getting one and having a LSx swap done. But in the end there were two things I really wanted in my next car since I've had neither in the past.. AWD and Turbo. That should narrow the guesses down. ;) I'm just trying real hard not to jinx anything.

Japan. Gearhead's pretty much got it.

Soon as I get my Massachusetts bank talking to my Ohio bank, I'll be the proud owner of a 2007 OBP STI. :)

I was originally eyeballing the '09 Evo. But for a number of reasons I went with the STI. The fact that I've been wanting one for the past 4 years helped too. ;)