FUZION 7 hits the Dyno (4G64 TT)

coltboostin

Drove up in the rain-made it on the Dyno around 3am.

First pull, no changes-20psi (creep to 22 by redline) 450whp/400ft lbs. Full boost by 4.8k

http://www.doitbig.org/coltboostin/pics/4GX7/done/dynostockhead/rx7dynostockhead%20066.mpg (right click-save as please)

AFR's were a bit lean for me on pump gas 12.2-12.5, so I turned to fuel up. Made 468/413 next pull with 11.2-11.5 AFR's.

Go to 110 leaded "pump" gas, play with restrictors for a few pulls-get it to spike to 30ish psi, and hold just under 30ps to redline (only 7k, since my stock Hyundi head/cams own me)

564whp 490ft lbs trq. With nice and thick 11.0-11.2 AFR's. It was 4am, so we went to stake and shake. I dont see the need in trying to get the tune "perfect" with all the junkyard parts on the car.

Chart

http://www.doitbig.org/coltboostin/pics/4GX7/done/dynostockhead/IMG.jpg

*note-boost reference was taken pre-intercooler

Pics

http://www.doitbig.org/coltboostin/pics/4GX7/done/dynostockhead/

With how responsive the system is, I would have to say the Twin turbo setup works, and I think I will be refining it over winter. Both turbo's still feel mint, and both compressors are 100% perfect, even with well over 1000miles of flogging with my "ghetto" ram air induction.

Cliff notes on set up

4G64 w junkyard Hyundai DOHC head

Stock Rusty Hyundai cams

JMF RWD intake/w Q45

Twin China 50 trims

Mild welded "BoBo" manifold

Single used Tial 38mm

Fidanza Flywheel

ACT 2600/6 puck clutch

JP Fab whatever is laying around intercooler plumbing

"look what I found" DSM 255lhp fuel pump

1600cc injectors

DSM Link

GM MAF-T

China intercooler

2.5x2 to 4inch exhaust (1/2 of which made from Cummins stock exhaust)

Jp Fab Alt relocation

"Peek-a-boo" Ram air induction

Junk ass Cobra wheels with BFG's

I will toss a good head on it over winter, with Cams I already have for the car. I do expect to make anywhere from 100-200more whp more, since I will rev it to 8k, and the power will climb all the way to that point. As long as ti does not run out of turbo, or the lack of good exhaust flow does not choke it up, it seems like it should beat the Colt's 708whp.

The kicker-you can duplicate this fro $4475. Although I did not spend that much, thanks to always scavenging for cheap used parts, and my Grandfathered sponsors JMF and DSmlink, if you have a harbor freight mig welded and a little bit of time, you could have quite the FUZION for less than 5k total investment.

Thanks to Jim at JMF

http://www.jmfabrications.com/

And Tom at DSMlink

http://server.dsmlink.com//

For your amazing products!

More videos/timeslips/40 rolls to come.....

Looks like the turbo's have already ran out of steam

If you talking about how the power is falling off-did you miss the part about stock Hyundai Junkyard head/cams? The cams were designed for a car that made 80whp :lol:

The chart looks identical to my Colt with stock cams, and every other stock cam'd DSM I have seen. The addition of cams in my Colt (with 60-1) with NO additional tunning was good for 6mph at the track with less boost. Needless to say-I'm not worried about it. But-if for some reason it wont make 700+ with a real head on it, and a set of cams-the 42 will go right back on.

Cliffs-Thats a negative. :cool:

viva la colt.

thanx to this guy u cant drive around cleveland without having to second guess the colt your riding next to weather itll whoop your ass or its still the little shit box it started out as.

nice job on the half breed. sounds like it will be more BA than the colt. good luck dude.

Jp = King of the budget builds

that def describes it to a T ...

5 grand to make that?

didnt his signature quote i believe thorne...

"if making a 700 wheel horse power for that cheap was that easy everyone would have three of them!'

the man is good at what he does.... mad props

I like =).

Are we going to be privy to a SAM vs ColtBoostin 40?

Of course. Shit-its not an option! There are a few minor issues that need to be fixed before I run someone that fast though. (Alternator belt flings off on some pulls, tranny does not shift/has no reverse)

Looks good JP. i was hoping to see more power under the curve than that.

Linn-I Rev it to 8k on the street, but with the stock head/cams its not going to get any better

when do you get your good head back so you can re-dyno it for a little bit better numbers?

I was going to wait until winter for that. It will give me something to do. I *may* toss the cams in there before the shootout, but its unlikely since this head is such a piece of shit, (cams were SUPER tight in the head) I would not want to chance hurting the cams.

Thanks for the comments guys.