ranger axles

Ryan218

need two (2) driver side ranger axles for my 5 lug swap...with drums...i know i can get em from pick and pull for abpout 5 bucks for axles and drums...i just never have a ride down there....

if ya have any post em here...and they HAVE to be ranger axles...im sticking with drums for now..

yeah they have to be from a 8.8 ranger!

nope...have to be from 7.5...

taken from sn95 brakes...

4. Rear Drum Conversion:

To keep the stock rear wheel offset and drums, the '83-'92 Ranger/Bronco II Left (driver) side axle (29-5/32") from a 4cyl or 3.0L V-6 with the 7.5" rear end, or '86-'97 Aerostar RIGHT side axles (29-5/32") is what you want. They are the same rear axles, the center section is just on the opposite side when you compare the rear ends. The pumpkins are also off center unlike the Mustangs, so you will have to find two vehicles to pull axles from! You will need the drums from either of these vehicles also if you are staying with rear 9" drums. The 7.5 axle Rangers & Aerostars use 9" drums. These parts are direct 5 lug replacements for the stock 9" rear drums on the 79-93 Mustangs.

*Important: Don't get the axles and drums from a Ranger with the 4.0L engine, as they use 10" rear drums with a wider 8.8" axle (unless you want to convert to larger drums!). The 8.8 in the Explorer is 1" wider per side than the Ranger/Aerostars with the 7.5" axle.

im not messing with bigger brakes right now...