Question for SBC guys - Heads

SPLN SUX

Whats a common size of head? i see the AFR 210cc's all over ebay, but is that just because noone gets them or because they are a bang for the buck sort of part? Do most of the bigger inch motors run 220's or 230's? SB2? Im just curious because im trying to learn the after market of the SBC before i even think about creating one.

225 for anything over 383 if I'm not mistaken. I think for 377ci a 210 would work great, but a 225 would give you more room to mod if you wanted to bore it out more later on. I want to see what the SBC guys say when they wake up.

Why 377?

.030 out 400 bore with 350 stroke.... aka, 4.155 bore with 3.48 stroke. Its simple, easy to get, no chance of clearancing issues, and its really just a chance for me to start small and work my way up.

Dont worry, i see a 440 in my future... somewhere :D

unless he wants high revs or a good boost engine

If he wants something to rev, i know of someone selling a DZ 302 block (old school) bored over to 305, aluminum rod motor, about 13:1 comp... 11,000 RPM motor... yes i said 11,000... music for the ears... sorry for the thread jack...

If he wants something to rev, i know of someone selling a DZ 302 block (old school) bored over to 305, aluminum rod motor, about 13:1 comp... 11,000 RPM motor... yes i said 11,000... music for the ears... sorry for the thread jack...

that would be awesome on the street.......you know other than the race gas thing.

4.155 x 3.48

Victor Jr. aluminum heads

Isky mech. Roller 264/272

Victor jr intake manifold

Barry Grant 750cfm annular discharge carb

This combo made 590hp@6400 , 516lbft@5200. Its more of a topend combo, and may be the best way to go if i plan on dropping it into an FC...

Keep in mind these are just ideas... i have no conrete plan in place. i do know that i would like to use an FC for the base, just nothing really after that :lol:

377 are revving mofo's.it will be spinnng over 6500 at will. and to make that kind of power up there, a larger head and camshaft can be had! Brians 377 has brodix 11x heads on it, and it loves 7500 plus RPM. partly do to the camshaft thats in it!

IMO, AFR are great for the money, its just the cheap hardware they put in them..And im not the only one that shares that opinion.If you can BUY them BARE! and will them with what you need!

377 are revving mofo's.it will be spinnng over 6500 at will. and to make that kind of power up there, a larger head and camshaft can be had! Brians 377 has brodix 11x heads on it, and it loves 7500 plus RPM. partly do to the camshaft thats in it!

IMO, AFR are great for the money, its just the cheap hardware they put in them..And im not the only one that shares that opinion.If you can BUY them BARE! and will them with what you need!

yea, i was leaning towards the Dart heads anyway... i was just curious. My main concern with building a 420+ inch motor for an FC, is traction. I dont want to build something that i wont be able to control. Plus, id like to use a T56 so having short gears wont do me any good unless i use a long rearend gear... but then it would be a total turd for the first 100 feet.