Quaker 6/5 pics

Putty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics. :banana: That guy with the 1098 though needs to use that bike better, that rear says he doesn't turn much. Even though the tire is new, it only takes a few turns even around the city to get it over. That is a fella scared of his bike. It's a shame to see a bike not used the way it was meant to be used. Waste of money. :nono::(

It's a shame to see a bike not used the way it was meant to be used. Waste of money. :nono::(

There aren't many people who use the full potential of their bikes.

Agreed. That's a fact, but getting it leaned over and using the whole tire isn't as hard as some think. You just have to trust the technology of the bike. They can handle major lean angle. Some don't trust themselves either though. I'm not referring to riding it like Valetino Rossi. I'm just saying, I see too many people not turning the easiest machines on the planet to turn. Fear is good to have, but there shouldn't be fear in turning it over more when you have tons of space on your rear to do it.

It's just how I believe. I'm entitled to my opinion. Everywhere I go, I instantly judge riders by their bikes and know already if I want to talk to them. Sorry, it's just how I am when it comes to bikes. :dunno:

It's a shame to see a bike not used the way it was meant to be used. Waste of money. :nono::(

Come on now. The dood has had it less than a week and it has less than 300 miles on it. Now if I had 20,000 in a bike (14,995 + his mods =20ish) I would take it easy the first 1000 or so to learn the bike... not to mention it is the HIGHEST hp/tq to weight ratio on the planet. You play with that throttle too much leaned over and your orgasmic 1098 is done for. Just my opinion, but he will get more use to it soon, I hope! :D

Come on now. The dood has had it less than a week and it has less than 300 miles on it. Now if I had 20,000 in a bike (14,995 + his mods =20ish) I would take it easy the first 1000 or so to learn the bike... not to mention it is the HIGHEST hp/tq to weight ratio on the planet. You play with that throttle too much leaned over and your orgasmic 1098 is done for. Just my opinion, but he will get more use to it soon, I hope! :D

We can only hope. :banana:

You just have to trust the technology of the bike. They can handle major lean angle. Some don't trust themselves either though.

Very true...Also, people rather not push it too hard to prevent destroying their beloved bike..and to me, that's understandable.

I'm entitled to my opinion. Everywhere I go, I instantly judge riders by their bikes and know already if I want to talk to them. Sorry, it's just how I am when it comes to bikes. :dunno:

Yes, you are. Tire wear does say a lot about a persons skill in turns, but that does not mean they are not a good rider, if they are not using 100% of their tires. I typically look at it like everyone of us were beginners at one point and the advance riders looked at you, at that time, the way you are looking at people now, since your skill level has increased.

You just have to trust the technology of the bike. They can handle major lean angle. Some don't trust themselves either though.

Very true...Also, people rather not push it too hard to prevent destroying their beloved bike..and to me, that's understandable.

I'm entitled to my opinion. Everywhere I go, I instantly judge riders by their bikes and know already if I want to talk to them. Sorry, it's just how I am when it comes to bikes. :dunno:

Yes, you are. Tire wear does say a lot about a persons skill in turns, but that does not mean they are not a good rider, if they are not using 100% of their tires. I typically look at it like everyone of us were beginners at one point and the advance riders looked at you, at that time, the way you are looking at people now, since your skill level has increased.

That's right... Everyone of us was a beginner at some point. Some of us still are. I know that if I spent $20k on a bike, I'd treat it more like a Mercedes than a GXR.... Plus, I think he IS using it as was intended. To show it off at "Bike Nights." No way he bought that bike for track days or for performance.

That's right... Everyone of us was a beginner at some point. Some of us still are. I know that if I spent $20k on a bike, I'd treat it more like a Mercedes than a GXR.... Plus, I think he IS using it as was intended. To show it off at "Bike Nights." No way he bought that bike for track days or for performance.

The 1098 is a high performance bike. "The result: the 1098 is the most powerful twin-cylinder motorcycle in the world with the highest torque-to-weight ratio of any sport bike. The 1098 is the lightest, fastest stopping, quickest lapping Ducati in history." It can hold it's own.

No way he bought that bike for track days or for performance.

I saw a dood on a 1098 S at midohio on monday.I thought he was there just to show it off. I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw it roll out on the track. I almost threw myself in front of it! :eek:

I like you Putty, you speak well, and your cool headed. Thanks for not getting pissy at me, my post wasn't meant that way, but I thought to myself, "some jackass will freak probably." You and Yota are good people.

I do think that way though, because I have experience with the ones that have tires like that saying such ignorant shit and I just smile and ignore it. Stuff like, "Yeah, I've had my 600 near 180 or 190 last week." :roll: :lol: They tend to be those type of people.

Cleaner, I have to disagree with you, maybe because I'm not a poser. I don't care what others think. I make something beautiful for myself. I also buy fast cars and fast bikes for performance. You can put looks on anything if you want, but performance is much better. These bikes were definately designed performance, not showing off. I will say I would do different than you on this bike though, because if I can afford it, I can afford riding it like any other bike. If you can't, then you shouldn't have bought it, because your financial situation just isn't up for it. Just my $.02 :cool:

"The result: the 1098 is the most powerful twin-cylinder motorcycle in the world with the highest torque-to-weight ratio of any sport bike. The 1098 is the lightest, fastest stopping, quickest lapping Ducati in history." It can hold it's own.

I was meaning that it seems as though he purchased the bike for "Bike Nights," and things to show it off. I'm thinking that was his intended use when he purchased it. I know it can kick ass with the right rider. I could be wrong though. He may have a track bike and a stunt bike in his garage. I'm sure Nicky Hayden doesn't ride his Repsol Honda to "Bike Nights."

How long does it take to get to Deals Gap? Didn't you guys go there a couple months ago?

Yep, we went a month ago. It was a good time, took about six hours or so to get there. Are you thinking about going?