Fuckin' Bengals

Kevin R.

... sorry to bring this post back to football talk.. :)

*edit* I just realized you were talking about Cowboys..haha.. * the fact that anyone would badmouth Palmer though is hilarious really.. I mean wow..

Defense had an embarrassing week last week. No doubt about that. UGLY.. But I'm definitely not ready to write the season off after 1 game. That's the beauty of NFL vs college, 1 game won't make or break a season. I like how the Steelers fans are giving them division after 2 games. LONG way to go.

Also funny the comment that Browns are worse than the Raiders.. Funny coming from a Steelers fan. Wonder if that has anything to do with Raiders having 2 wins last year, one being against none other than the Steelers.. While Browns had 4 wins, one of which being against those Raiders..

I didnt say that the Steelers were going to win the division...I said that as of right now they are the best team in the division. Am I wrong?

Also, if you go back and read what I said...the Raiders are infact the worst team in the NFL. I said the Browns were the worst NOT including the Raiders because they almost don't count as a team. They are worse than Cinci when they were at their worst...

Get it?

Oh, and Sam, where the hell have you been hiding?

-Marc

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt say that the Steelers were going to win the division...I said that as of right now they are the best team in the division. Am I wrong?

Also, if you go back and read what I said...the Raiders are infact the worst team in the NFL. I said the Browns were the worst NOT including the Raiders because they almost don't count as a team. They are worse than Cinci when they were at their worst...

Get it?

Oh, and Sam, where the hell have you been hiding?

-Marc

I tried to weed thru your posts to find it and gave up quick. I'll take your word for it that I misunderstood... which isnt too hard for me to believe since I missed OSUGT's point too :doh:

Obviously they have the best record. We'll see if they are the best team. NFL is crazy but I find it hard to believe they will be the best, seeing as how they were last year and looking at the couple guys that lost vs what they brought in.. but who knows. I only watched the Steelers play the Browns and the Browns looked like the Bad News Bears that game so it was hard to judge.. You also have a pretty favorable schedule the next few weeks or so..

on a stupid side note, those throwback jerseys were hideous.:barf:

Oh and I've been around.. :lurk:

:)

Oh my god the throw back jerseys were ugly. :puke: indeed. :nono:

The problem with the Steelers isnt who they brought in (new line backers look VERY good), it's getting their veterans to play to their potential. Spitting in Alan Faneca's face by not offering the money he deserves is going to make him play like shit, not risk getting hurt ect so that he is more valuable next year to another team. They are notorious for tightening up the purse strings with regards to verterans and once again they are going to lose a star because of it.

Yes, the browns looked awful against the steelers and much better vs cinci but I would blame that on both defenses being weak. You have to admit that if Cinci's defense plays like that vs Pittsburgh that they will get waxed...end of story.

Baltimore doesnt scare me with Boller or Smith taking the snaps so as long as McNair stays out they will be fighting for third behind Cinci.

Yeah, next week should be a joke game although the niners have been looking decent this year. The problem isnt the beginning of the season, it's the end for Pittsburgh. Check out their schedule after the Niners and Cardinals: Seahawks, @ Denver, @ Cinci, Ravens, Browns, @ Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, @ Patriots, Jaguars, @Rams and finish the season at the Ravens. That's a little harsh there in the middle...

All I know is that I couldnt count on them for a trip to the big game this year but the playoff's look hopeful and that makes me happy.

-Marc

Fucking Marvin Lewis. Do we ever bring a defense?

WTF is with the 'prevent defense' they've had for the last few years? Where is that defensive guru?

It's bullshit. He's a horrible coach. I'm tired of giving the other team 8 yards a play and basically playing for them to 'just' get a fieldgoal

It's going to be another long year....Pittsburgh dismantled Cleveland

You dont know what your talking about. Lewis is NOT a horrible coach. He is probably the second best right now after Dungy. If it weren't for him the Bengals would be in another city now. He has turned the program around for the team and city. They would not have been were they are at now if they ^didn't have him.

I agree that the defense didn't have it together last week. But Lewis will whip them back into shape. Thats sports though, you win some and you lose some. Cleveland was playing just as bad, it just happened that they had a few better breaks than we did.

Im a huge bengals fan being that I just moved from Cincy to cbus 3 months ago and Im not a big fan of the who dey chant. But it started a long time ago when they were playing the Saints. Saints fans would chant Who Dat! And in response Bengals fans started chanting Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals! And there is a song that was created too. It just sortof stuck around.

And as far as the Cowboys go I believe they are the strongest NFC team so far this year. They are defiantly on fire. But you never know things change so fast in pro ball. Ive also followed them since the days of Smith, Irvan, and Aikman, so they've always been my NFC team.

^edit: :barf: PITSBURGH

Yes, the browns looked awful against the steelers and much better vs cinci but I would blame that on both defenses being weak. You have to admit that if Cinci's defense plays like that vs Pittsburgh that they will get waxed...end of story.

Well no kidding. If the D plays like that every week, they may not win another game the rest of the year.. Course if they play like they did in week 1, and with the offense clicking they'll be nearly impossible to be beat. I'm confident they'll get back on track soon. If the D hadnt looked so good in week 1 I'd be really worried right now..

Steelers schedule definitely toughens up some, so we'll see then how they turn out.. Hold off on reserving those playoff tickets just yet. ;)

You dont know what your talking about. Lewis is NOT a horrible coach. He is probably the second best right now after Dungy. If it weren't for him the Bengals would be in another city now. He has turned the program around for the team and city. They would not have been were they are at now if they ^didn't have him.

I agree that the defense didn't have it together last week. But Lewis will whip them back into shape. Thats sports though, you win some and you lose some. Cleveland was playing just as bad, it just happened that they had a few better breaks than we did.

Im a huge bengals fan being that I just moved from Cincy to cbus 3 months ago and Im not a big fan of the who dey chant. But it started a long time ago when they were playing the Saints. Saints fans would chant Who Dat! And in response Bengals fans started chanting Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals! And there is a song that was created too. It just sortof stuck around.

And as far as the Cowboys go I believe they are the strongest NFC team so far this year. They are defiantly on fire. But you never know things change so fast in pro ball. Ive also followed them since the days of Smith, Irvan, and Aikman, so they've always been my NFC team.

^edit: :barf: PITSBURGH

You know, a couple years ago, I completely agree with this post. But making the playoffs one time in 4 years. No playoff wins. and 3 other 8-8 seasons isnt exactly stellar. Marvin needs to step it up. If your O spots your D 45 points, you HAVE TO WIN THE GAME!

BTW, Marc, the steelers are dead. Cincy just signed Dhani Jones. Division title over here, bitch! LOL

You know, a couple years ago, I completely agree with this post. But making the playoffs one time in 4 years. No playoff wins. and 3 other 8-8 seasons isnt exactly stellar. Marvin needs to step it up. If your O spots your D 45 points, you HAVE TO WIN THE GAME!

BTW, Marc, the steelers are dead. Cincy just signed Dhani Jones. Division title over here, bitch! LOL

So you're going to come over here and watch that game right? ;)

Sam, I never reserve playoff tickets. I normally find them for 50-100 over face. :)

-Marc

Well no kidding. Course if they play like they did in week 1, and with the offense clicking they'll be nearly impossible to be beat. If the D hadnt looked so good in week 1 I'd be really worried right now..

Be worried - your "D" (I put it in quotes because it really does not deserve to be called a defense) looked good against the Ravens offense. The only team that makes that offense look good is Pittsburgh - lol. The Ravens have the Steeler's number - a lot like Pittsburgh has Cincy's number (when it counts). God I love the NFL.

Who Dey............

WEY DEY!!!

And in case you need that spelled out...you are asking who is going to beat them bungles? Well, other than the Brownies (:lol:) the Steelers are going to go to town on them!

-Marc

*resident steeler asshole fan*

PS - Jason, they make you a Super Mod if you have a huge penis not how many posts you have. I win. :cool: