abuseu1300 called out

coltboostin

If it runs in Super Sport at Prostar, it's NOT a stock engine with all the basic mods. Geared, slammed, thinner gasket to raise compression, degreed cams, mild port, VP Fuel, etc...etc... ;)

I believe the # but with that MPH, it's got a healthy shot of spray on it... :cool:

It's a quick time but if it is indeed SS/prepped then it really isn't that fast with the spray unless it's not a jockey riding it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you know someone porting heads in 1000 ss i'm sure scott from prostar would love to know who they are and jeremy just went 8.94 yesterday in atco at 160 no spray so it is what it is stock internals to me is a stock motor

If I remember right in the past you could do a minor clean up on the intake/exhaust (maybe it was exhaust only). Not a full port job but minor clean up. Has that changed for 06 or 07? I haven't looked at the rules in a while.

If you want to call a SS prepped bike stock, fine but IMO it's far from it. Taking apart an engine and tweaking ever last performance gain out of it isn't stock. I know the class rules allow it but really it's not stock. Even then, you aren't getting anywhere close to 160mph trap with a bonestock 1000. Even with race gas and ZERO other changes 150ish is a stretch.

Either way the ET/mph isn't that great IMO. If it is in fact 100% SS/1000 prepped and has spray why is he only running 160mph? Even if he's trapped high 150's with a 40/60-shot he should be over the SS record of almost 162mph. Don't get me wrong it's still quick for what changs are made in the SS class but with spray, I just think it should be quicker/faster... :cool: