the correct cam for the stang

phil

my car has a fresh stock short block, fox lake ported explorer heads, e-303 cam, roller rockers, throttle body, GT40 tubular intake (port-matched lower), long tubes, off road h, and flowmasters with a tremec 5 speed, and 3.73's---its a nice combo. the 'e' cam is a nice street piece, great idle, decent upper rpm response, and full driveability at low rpms. for a mild street car, like mine, its great.

ok one more question, on the stock rpm gauge where is it best to shift at becuase ive been shifting at 47-49 hundred when i race but i drug out 3rd and 4th to about 53 hundred last night and it seemed like the top end held much better.

ok one more question, on the stock rpm gauge where is it best to shift at becuase ive been shifting at 47-49 hundred when i race but i drug out 3rd and 4th to about 53 hundred last night and it seemed like the top end held much better.

that's fine. i used to shift mine around 5200 when i was stock/near stock. any more rpm and you're past the power peak. i shift mine a bit higher now, when i actually drive the car. you'd be surprised that the stock rpm guage is off sometimes by a fair amount. mine is off by at least 250 rpms

im not going to shift that hi cause i dont want to break it just yet, ill stay around 52 but i did help out a lot last week cause 5th gear is usally a bust, but it really kept moving last week so i might keep it around there until i do some work

break what its a mustang not porcelain doll

HAHA yea i beat the shit out of mine, i have no idea whats in the motor but it stomps all my friends 5.0s so who knows maybe i have a cam never had the motor open but mine shifts at 6k no prob i have a fluid dampr, might give a few rpm ha