347 power limits

Mattsn2o281

Guest Removed
The girdle works on holding the parts in...your gonna split a stock block soon, I know. The boss is the best bang for the buck. It will take all your stock stuff...you might have to machine down the lifter holes some to accept the dog bones though.

He is talking about a older boss 302 block. not the new boss block! ;)

So no go on the boss setup? what about droping my crank and pistons in a 351 block thats been prepped? Maybe ill just try and leave it alone the way it sits, but shit, it still sounds like it may split just being n/a? are any of the older 302 blocks worth a shit?

Hey gearhead, and hell 93 you can chime in too, whats a decent suspension setup to do, this car will be setup to dig, and i'd like to try and get it to hook hard on the street if at all possible. I was thinking k member, moroso springs and strange struts on the front, and a upr pro setup out back with strange shocks, either 4 cyl fox springs or moroso springs and a roll bar. car will be getting a basic set of subframes and a 8 pt cage, and of course the torque boxes, i'm sure that still needs to be addressed on a new edge right? any other ideas, or different setups? Basicly want to make a sick 10.5 tire car on the stock style suspension.

Guest Removed

team z lowers, with the adjusting brackets!..pimp. make your 4-link a real adjustable 4 link!double adjustable uppers. are you willing to mini tubb it?(for more tire) i mini tubbed mine. and theres several ways too do it too. http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79596.0

(and this is a great site for tons on info..Id say start researching!)

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php

see heres the issue! 302 cranks vs 351c/400m and 351W are different!

now if its a true 302 boss block it will work! if the mains are 2.2486. the rest are 3.00 and some difference's there in. now 351c and 400M cranks can fit in a 351W with some minor machine work(budget stroker).and the 347 has a shorter stroke then the 351's. all of the 351s have a taller deck height!

most all your boss cranks are forged!

302boss/351c blocks are just plain beefer. screw in freeze plugs and 4 bolts mains. but the C's did have oiling issues that can still be fixxed today! they seem too starve the main bearing!

You da man, thanks! I'm sure ill have more questions, But as far as a rough idea on 1/4 mile times, any ideas? it will be through a c4 leaving on the brake, proabaly around 3500-4000 stall, probably 4.11 or 4.30's in a 8.8. I'm hoping to be around the low 10/high 9 sec range. possible?

Hey just checked out your build up on that notch, thats one hell of a nice setup. Not that i really want to take it that far, but how much do you think you have wrapped up in the chassis so far?

On the miny tub deal, i know the new edge cars can clear more tire then a fox, but how difficult is it? i'm really not sure i need to do it, as i know with rolling the lip on the quarterpanel my car should clear a 325-335/60/15 with the right rim. , so thats what, a 31x10.50 safely?

Guest Removed

cage kit 12 point 280

rear seat saver bars 60

thru the floor subframe connectors 120

10 feet off .120 wall dom and 4x10 sheet of 24 gauge 110

out riggers 20

40" piece of 2x3 20

2 40" peices of 1 5/8 35

chute mount and pack mount 75

wheel tubs 80

seam sealer (so far 3 tubes will need 2 more) 33

black paint (so far 2 can over priced shit, 2 cans of cheap) 22

total so far (with out my misc) $855.00 give or take

so ill say around 900 or so with taxes, and what not..plus i bought it all in stages!

misc shop supplies (grinding wheels, cut off wheels,chop saw blades, bottle of argon) which im not going to count cause ill have left over to do jeffs cage, and some others. i will need a new 10 pound spool of wire when its all said and done! i have a easy 150 - 200 in (without a $50 spool of wire) but this is a over kill 8.50 chassis, i have have too do is add some bars, and a funny car cage and it will cert for 25.5 spec (7.50 and slower) but if you pull up next to me at a light you wont even see the cage on the street(which is what i was going for) aslong as the window net is down!

plus the control arms and reinforcement kits, etc etc...dont make me add it up!

and if you want too dicuss sets-up, pm me a phone #.

Hell yea, I'm busy as hell right now trying to help shawn (1fastlt1) get the dyno in the ground and the shop together, and taking care of other stuff, plus i got a 68 coming from indiana to drop my motor in and do a few other things, but i would def. like to get together with you guys and bounce some ideas and questions off of both of you lol.

Brian, i think you came down and looked at my buddy josh's 90 gt when he had it for sale, our shop is maybe a mile from his place, right off of 16 East. if nothing else, if you guys find yourselves out this way you could stop in for a few or something.

Rob ill kick my number to ya later, and thanks for all the info so far, everyone for that matter.

i'll get back with ya all later, i'm out for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from the dead! Lol, so the motor is here, and in the car imgoing to be swapping my motor into, and its giving me all kinds of shit. First the oil line popped, and sprayed oil all over the damn car, and now something is causing the body to become hot/live and its causing all kinds of shit with the starter and such. the car will fire if you push start it the first time, and it runs ok, so i dunno what is going on.

I need some help tuning the carb in and setting the valves on the motor, so if anyone has any free time and would like to come down and check out the shop anyway, and wants to see how much power i can pull out of this 347, i cant pay ya much at all, but hell, ill buy ya a 12 pack or something. its a solid roller motor if that makes any difference for adjusting the valves, and it has a holley 750 dp race carb, choke re moved, etc. I picked up 122 hp so far from as it was delivered, but i still think theres another 30-40whp left in it.

If anyone wants to, feel free to give me a shout, 740-281-9976. i would really appreciate the help, i gotta make sure that this motor is what i want before i make my mind up 100%, and im at my limit as far as tuning this thing in.