Anybody know how to lower an '05 kawi ninja zx6r 636?

youngflyflashy

I can do it this saturday... Im guessing you already know that lowwering that bike is going to KILL your cornering. They handle like shit when you lower them.... But if you really want it done, give me a ring.

Kevin 614-746-3156

Wow that pretty much sucks, i didn't know that...well hmmm...i may just have to take being short as a loss lol...i'm almost on my tippy toes at lights (i'm only 5'8") but i guess i'll get used to it eventually, it's really not that bad...thanks for the help Yota, if i decide to still get it lowered with your updated info, i'll give you a ring.

Sounds like a plan. I dont think I am any taller than 5'8" I do the tippy toe thing too, on some bikes. To me, it is much more important to have the cornering. I have no problem leaning to one side at a light if I have to, or just staying on the toes that are tippy.... If you want your suspension set for your weight, that may lower it some. The other option would be to thin-out the seat. About how much do you weight, if you dont mind me asking.... :D

Im not for sure, on that particular bike, the way it comes from the factory. We would be able to go a little lower Im sure. My suspension dood will be up here Sat. and Im sure you could talk to him and ask. We would basically need you to ride over so we could see how it sits, and how it is set up with you on it.

It is true that lowering a bike can have adverse effects to the handling, but it all depends on how much and how in tune with the bike you are. Most people will not notice some lowering on the street at all, it comes in to play much more on the track. Changing tires has a big effect on handling but most people do not notice that either. You can also look into having adjustable links made that you can change to suit the situation. The biggest thing is to lower the front and rear so that the effective geometry stays as close as you can get it.

Personally I would be more concerned with safety when coming to a stop than the minute change in handling. For the street. Just my 2cents.

I can help with this if you need as well.

Mark.