Ramblerman

koolrayz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id almost bet on it. When was the last time you went too a junkyard(other then the one in your backyard) and found a strong running amc 390 or 401?

Im not trying to convince people to run AMC......run what ya want....

Thanks to Indy performance and others you can buy everything new....its expensive compared to what were use to spending...but its there...

Guest Removed
Im not trying to convince people to run AMC......run what ya want....

Thanks to Indy performance and others you can buy everything new....its expensive compared to what were use to spending...but its there...

and thats what im talking about! much are your aftermarket blocks? and head's?

mine are even high priced! A-460 block(up to 640 some od cI) $2000

heads 2500-5000 or higher depending on what you buy! (A heads C heads etc)

elimanater block i have sitting here, $2300 rated for 2500HP@ 8000rpm

the aluminum ones are 5000!

how much was yours?

any way you look at it, your going to have to pay to play!

and thats what im talking about! much are your aftermarket blocks? and head's?

Block $4100....that is aluminum and is capable of holding big power numbers...they are thinking about making it in cast iron and the price would be roughly $2500 to 3000....

heads can be from roughly $1200 to $3500 depending on parts or and cnc work...but i will tell you what indy or elderbrock says they flow, can be greatly higher...

To most people that buy the good aftermarket parts, those prices would not be considered out of line...

any way you look at it, your going to have to pay to play!

it is an addiction and power cost money...

We also have and had for years very good running cars using factory stuff...the gremlin we had at the odra meet has gone 5.70 using factory block,crank, and heads with a 250shot of nos.....this combo using a 200 shot is not running much better, but has the potential to handle more power....the torque converter in the car is from the old engine and is showing almost 20% slippage and ofcourse you know it should be around 6-8%

i garantee and old school AMC engine can be built to be faster with less money....

That is exactly my point. I have over $40k in my car (including the cost of the car itself). If I were to spend the same amount for an AMC and mods I would have a race car that is 100% complete with money to spare... not a car that is 85% complete. You definitely have us in the cost to hp ratio! But my car looks better :p:cool::p

you'll have that? what trans are you guys running in it?

727 or glide?

The gremlin and my youngest bro's spirit have t-400 and oldest bro's amx has a 904 and mine 727...

The t-400's and torqueflites bolt direct to the amc engine from the factory with cases designed for amc..

That is exactly my point. I have over $40k in my car (including the cost of the car itself). If I were to spend the same amount for an AMC and mods I would have a race car that is 100% complete with money to spare... not a car that is 85% complete. You definitely have us in the cost to hp ratio! But my car looks better :p:cool::p

Other than the Gremlin im sure you have the same or more money in the cost of building your car than two of my brothers and myself..... :p these three cars and the ramblermans car are mostly using factory stuff(block,heads,crank,rods,) with add ons...other than new pistons the bottom ends are stock..........my brothers AMX was in hot rodding magazine when they were there for the NMCA event early in the year.....the mag bragged how it was true muscle other than being .030 over was mostly factory stuff with bolt ons that anyone could do.......that day it ran 10.66@126 N/A @ 3350lbs....and thats with a Nos torque converter, that would be roughly 10.3s with a converter set up for the engine only.....and thats less than 5k in the engine..

Now knock it off before i go buy a newer car and beat you with a AMC powered up to date 90s camaro.....then people would love and hate it at the same time. :eek:

Other than the Gremlin im sure you have the same or more money in the cost of building your car than two of my brothers and myself..... :p these three cars and the ramblermans car are mostly using factory stuff(block,heads,crank,rods,) with add ons...other than new pistons the bottom ends are stock..........my brothers AMX was in hot rodding magazine when they were there for the NMCA event early in the year.....the mag bragged how it was true muscle other than being .030 over was mostly factory stuff with bolt ons that anyone could do.......that day it ran 10.66@126 N/A @ 3350lbs....and thats with a Nos torque converter, that would be roughly 10.3s with a converter set up for the engine only.....and thats less than 5k in the engine..

Now knock it off before i go buy a newer car and beat you with a AMC powered up to date 90s camaro.....then people would love and hate it at the same time. :eek:

Dont make me go put an LS1 in an AMC! :cool:

Guest hotrodmama024
HUH?

BTW, Your cars not sexy either!! :cool: the ramblerman :cool:

To each its own cool guy!! How is it the best you guys can come up with is for us women to get in the kitchen? Gay... we are on a racing site for a reason... not to cook our men dinner.

Yes we trash talk when trash talk is thrown our way....you gotta problem with that... uh uh do ya.....im raising my fist in the air and laughing my ass off at your stupid ass....

And for the girls, if you come up this way on the 20th could you knit me a sweater.....make it red white and blue and maybe put team AMC on it please.....

Amy, do you even know how to knit? Cause i dont. Maybe you should have your wife come out and show us how thats done!

To each its own cool guy!! How is it the best you guys can come up with is for us women to get in the kitchen? Gay... we are on a racing site for a reason... not to cook our men dinner.

Amy, do you even know how to knit? Cause i dont. Maybe you should have your wife come out and show us how thats done!

No she does not knit, actually she really doesn't even use the sewing machine that she had to have 10 years ago...i think she used it 3-4 times.........women!

And remember your in the kitchen......if anyone is hungry i can burn toast..

elderbrock????

does hat mena we race on the skreet and skrip and shop a JAGS which is ownd by the cooligains

One letter off hardly calls for your sarcasm....maybe i should keep and eye on your post or go threw your old post and nitpick your sentencing and spelling...jackass......

No..you don't get it...im talking about his (the LS1) up to date technologly versus the amc old school....throw the price of the cars out the window and start with the same car....i garantee and old school AMC engine can be built to be faster with less money....

For the most part its hard to argue with the fact that you boy's have done alot with some really old parts. Now as far as the old parts dollar for dollar being better I have to disagree. I have been around 2 cars that had completely stock, factory assembled bottom ends (cant get any more bargain basement than that) that ran 9.70 and 9.80 with factory (ported) heads. I know a guy with a stock crank,block,heads that was putting down over 1300 to the wheels. There has never been a known case of an LS crank breaking. I know of 2 cars that ran 10's with a completely stock untouched engines N/A

Moving on the the flow of the heads the new LS7 heads untouched flow 350. AMC every make a head that flowed near that?

The new LSX block is rated for 2500 hp and only costs $1800

I wont argue the old stuff may HAVE been great but your claim that it is still superior technology is flawed

Guest Wunna Dig Race
For the most part its hard to argue with the fact that you boy's have done alot with some really old parts. Now as far as the old parts dollar for dollar being better I have to disagree. I have been around 2 cars that had completely stock, factory assembled bottom ends (cant get any more bargain basement than that) that ran 9.70 and 9.80 with factory (ported) heads. I know a guy with a stock crank,block,heads that was putting down over 1300 to the wheels. There has never been a known case of an LS crank breaking. I know of 2 cars that ran 10's with a completely stock untouched engines N/A

Moving on the the flow of the heads the new LS7 heads untouched flow 350. AMC every make a head that flowed near that?

The new LSX block is rated for 2500 hp and only costs $1800

I wont argue the old stuff may HAVE been great but your claim that it is still superior technology is flawed

thats true I have never heard of a ls crank breaking either

Even thow we just put a curse on every ls crank out there lol

thats true I have never heard of a ls crank breaking either

Even thow we just put a curse on every ls crank out there lol

I've seen application where they bored the ls1 to 383, added a 100 trim, and put the same crank back in it. 1000+ to the wheels on the stock crank. Another reason why the LS1 was one of the best production engines.

Guest Removed

they did. 30 some years ago at that! and yes we are talking intake side!