Spotted: Porsche GT3 RS

Putty

Very true.....By saying "I"....how many of us on here drives a car on a track? So to have the "Baddest track car", that never sees anymore than 270 is senseless to me. Kinda like having a Hummer but never take it offroad. Being a Rahal, i'm sure he'll use for track and stuff, but the average would probably use for a "40 roll".

If you're buying a GT3 to cruise 270, I just dont think you 'get it'

Very true.....By saying "I"....how many of us on here drives a car on a track? So to have the "Baddest track car", that never sees anymore than 270 is senseless to me. Kinda like having a Hummer but never take it offroad. Being a Rahal, i'm sure he'll use for track and stuff, but the average would probably use for a "40 roll".

Very good point- with the same logic-

Who can use anything beyond 300-400 whp in low gears on the street without AWD or drag radials?

Who can really drive beyond the limits of a base C5 let alone a z06?

How many cars in a given car population can run faster than a stock fox body mustang or LT1 F-body? Now how many of those are likely to race you?

Logic doesn't sell performance cars/modifications.

"I"

You don't NEED to drive that car on a track to appreciate it. Theres something to be said for driving a car that is good at 99.9% of everything a car is supposed to do.

(it may not lift thems there front tirez at the dragz) but it will outbrake/corner/ just about anything ,out-accelerate most, and be more of an over-all pleasure even as a daily driver.

You don't NEED to drive that car on a track to appreciate it. Theres something to be said for driving a car that is good at 99.9% of everything a car is supposed to do.

(it may not lift thems there front tirez at the dragz) but it will outbrake/corner/ just about anything ,out-accelerate most, and be more of an over-all pleasure even as a daily driver.

Very well put. When you drive something that is as well-built and engineered like a Porsche (or almost any German car it seems), you will understand it's not all about the power. It's the perfect balance of handling, speed, interior quality, and styling that make it a level above almost anything else you can buy. And when you put it all together, the price seems a lot more reasonable.

But I'll still never be able to afford it :(