Gran Turismo 4 Challenge

Crossle

Ok, here is the deal. Post your fastest Nurburgring time in GT4 and tell what car was used. If you are posting a stupid fast time pics make it more believeable. (Not that i don't believe you Nick) Trying to find some people to race with this winter!

Nick, when you get your times up......I just ran 6.29.260 spinning twice and using the games Polyphony digital F1 car that has no traction control settings changed.....I'll keep going, but that is my bench mark. I may be able to get super low 6's.

If anyone can actully beat me with any of those cars... well i wont even race... the #2 time was missing 2 corners but no spin outs, and the #1 time was missing only the turn right out of the back end strait, right hander, going from 6th to 2nd.

1. Mazda 787B - 5:29.663

2. Jaguar XJR-9 - 5:31.336

3. Opel Astra Touring - 5:57.424

4. Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race - 6:01.474

5. BMW M3 GTR Race - 6:03.128

6. Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race - 6:08.660

7. ABT Audi TT-R Touring - 6:09.986

8. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) - 6:15.476

9. Mitsubishi lancer Evo VIII MR GSR - 7:33.841

10. Trial Celica SS-III (ZZT231) - 7:47.047

Im trying to figure out how i can get a picture up... i sed to have a memory card reader in the front of my last computer so it was easy... but now i dont... and this new computer uses Vista so i cant find a river for it... i would do it with my digi camcorder, but i cant find vista drivers for it either... and my new phone doesnt have a camera on it... i dont know of anything else i can do lol.

I hate nurgenburger, its too long,Why not something a bit shorter.

I don't particularly like time trials since you come off a fast lap and then suck somtimes. The times that are your best are usually not consistent.

Name a track and car then....

I hate nurgenburger, its too long,Why not something a bit shorter.

But its also the best track on the game... its the most realistic, and it requires you to memorize not only the turns, but the tracks surface as well, and you have to drive the wheels off these cars to be fast. Short tracks are for bitches. Anyone can jump in a S2000 and be fast around Tskuba, or Mid-Field, Suzuka, or Fuji. Nurbugring Nordshliefe is the only way to tell wether or not youre any good at that game.

Yeah, but if sony wants to start selling some ps3's they need to get GT5 out there!!

Thats why i havent bought PS3 ;) Heres is Sonys business plan... at least this is what mine would be.

Upon the release of PS3, give it a rediculous price... a price that some people will pay just to say they have one, but also a price that a lot of people wont pay not because they think its rediculous for the product, but simply because they cant afford it. Bring out a bunch of random games, your basic sports first, soccer, baseball, football, thrown in a coupld of random driving games, arcade style, not simulators, pointed towrads the Speed Channel freak who watches the rugged sports and up and coming sports, I.E. Drifting, off road racing. Now simply wait. Wait for Forza 2 to come out... wiat or quite a while after that. Last time GT4 and Forza came out at nearly the same time and it made people choose... that kills business. Dont give people a choice. Now after people have played Forza forever and Halo 3 for a while... they start to get bored with them. And theres the que. Release a GT5. Sell it off for $50, $10 cheaper than Halo 3 and Forza was, and dropp the price from 599 to 399, and offer a combo pack with GT5 in it for 429. Sales skyrocket... all because you waited. Patience is huge in sales... huge. I personaly, would start advertising it at Thanksgiving, and release it December 24th.

Sony still won't catch the Xbox' sales, not with the massive lead they have, but what the hell do I care about who sells more??? Until they can match what the 360 has for the price I will never consider a PS3, though I would like to have one just for GT5.

what the hell is "nurgenburger"? sure you dont mean nurburgring?

I hear alot of people say it that way. lol

Full Suzuka (I believe) is a relatively long track compared with the others and has a bit of everything in it, as well. It should really be at least 3 laps though to really let a race flesh out. Wait, Suzuka or Susukaba... Dammit, I'm turning it on.

Edit: Ok, it's Suzuka Circuit.

Sony still won't catch the Xbox' sales, not with the massive lead they have, but what the hell do I care about who sells more??? Until they can match what the 360 has for the price I will never consider a PS3, though I would like to have one just for GT5.

I wasn't planning on picking up a PS3, but I have one. Why? I needed a Blu-Ray player. I figured I could find just a player. Turns out a new 60gb PS3 is cheaper than an *Open Box* blu-ray player.

I hear alot of people say it that way. lol

Full Suzuka (I believe) is a relatively long track compared with the others and has a bit of everything in it, as well. It should really be at least 3 laps though to really let a race flesh out. Wait, Suzuka or Susukaba... Dammit, I'm turning it on.

Edit: Ok, it's Suzuka Circuit.

Suzuka is alright, but its too flat and its still smooth. It doesnt require you to drive a part of the track a certian way because of its surface... and you cant get air born either. Thats the cool thing about Nurburgring, its so detailed down to the bumps and the graffiti, that its as real as it gets, and some parts of that track you have to back out of because of the weight transfer of the car... it brings all factors into it.

Suzuka is alright, but its too flat and its still smooth. It doesnt require you to drive a part of the track a certian way because of its surface... and you cant get air born either. Thats the cool thing about Nurburgring, its so detailed down to the bumps and the graffiti, that its as real as it gets, and some parts of that track you have to back out of because of the weight transfer of the car... it brings all factors into it.

I don't mind it. Just trying to find compromise for those who feel it's too long. Personally, it wouldn't matter if we do it one of the ways I mentioned above.