Time to quit lurking

Guest v8_What?

Guest v8_What?

hey guy my name is Chris. I am over in Richmond, In. I found this site about a month ago when I was looking for someone to re-tune my evo. I am a Marine Recruiter recently coming from Okinawa, Japan. I am originally from Mississippi. I am a car junkie by birth. I was raised around dirt tracks my whole life. So yeah I am a v-8 loving fool but on the flip side I like small cars with little displacement putting down big numbers. I got into the import side a little from being in Japan and drifting my ass off the last 3 years!

My current car is in Columbus right now at slowmotion getting some work done so I can start tearing up the track again. It is a 03 evo with gt35r, hks280's.....so on, so on...all supporting mods. I am sure you all have heard it all before. Slowmotion is currently adding a meth injection kit to my play toy an a few other odds and ends to give me something to play with when I am not working.

I am very interested in learning where all the good dirt tracks are around here so I can bring my car down and have a few spins around the track.......no not in the evo.....I have a limited late model crate car. The chasis was build in 2000 if I remember correctly and the engine might have 100 hours on it if I am lucky. My only downside is I have to rebuild the engine because it sat up for 3 years. Which I hated to do it but had no choice.

I am going to try and make it out o some of the races with you all sometime but it just depends on work for me! I am a very busy guy putting people into the Marine Corps!

Chris

Guest v8_What?

thanks for the welcome. I forgot to throw up a few pics for you guys too oogle!!!!!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/chris2669/4.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/chris2669/5.jpg

the 21 car is mine. this was back in 2004 before I went over to Oki. boy do I miss cali. they have alot of tracks out there!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/chris2669/cali.jpg

Guest v8_What?
Welcome. I saw your Evo at Slowmotion's dyno day over the weekend.

hopefully still together I presume.... :rolleyes: I was hoping they would have finished it last week so I could play in the dyno day! but guess not! the guy that won the AWD class probably would have been really disappointed after seeing my numbers!

Guest v8_What?

well it is good to know it is still alive. I was a little worried about dropping it off there. Did not seem like that great of a neighborhood!!!

thanks SoSlo50

Guest v8_What?
Not really sure. I figure it is going to be based of the amount of knock with the meth and pump gas probably 500ish. C16 and meth I have no idea. Never seen a dyno sheet with similar mods on meth and c16 so I do not know what to expect!

Guest v8_What?
actually I was worried about that too when I got it. But in the end it turned out that the lag was not that bad at all. It really depends on what you are looking to do with the car. AutoX or circuits you are better off with a green or maybe a 30r. with the 35r on a circuit I would think I would be shifting alot to get into its power range! I am sure the Meth is going to help with the little lag that I already had!

actually I was worried about that too when I got it. But in the end it turned out that the lag was not that bad at all. It really depends on what you are looking to do with the car. AutoX or circuits you are better off with a green or maybe a 30r. with the 35r on a circuit I would think I would be shifting alot to get into its power range! I am sure the Meth is going to help with the little lag that I already had!

well i mostly drag so i figured the 35r would be great. can't wait to see that thing in action. :D

Guest v8_What?
well i mostly drag so i figured the 35r would be great. can't wait to see that thing in action. :D

hell if you really want to be a monster don't stop at 35r pick up a 37r.....hehehe My next upgrade will be a 42r once I strike gold in the Marine Corps! :D

hell if you really want to be a monster don't stop at 35r pick up a 37r.....hehehe My next upgrade will be a 42r once I strike gold in the Marine Corps! :D

good luck with that.. your more likly to bend over and get financially raped

Guest v8_What?
good luck with that.. your more likly to bend over and get financially raped

exactly. I will never hit gold in the Marine Corps so it will never happen! maybe one day when I am 65 and pulling retirement or something like that!!