Time to quit lurking

Guest v8_What?

Limaland is known as the fastest 1/4 mile dirt oval in the country, they do late models every once in a while, but mainly 360 sprints and ump, i ran a ump modified up there, and the track is great! also its farily close to richmond. Other tracks i have ran at are eldora, which needs no introduction, and a few down this way, muskingum county speedway, and midway speedway, both are somewhat crappy compared to the 2 above, but both have some fantastic racing. There are some great tracks over in indiana, but i cant remember the 2 i ran at, but yea, and danville illinois, decent track, GREAT racing! they have a big shootout up there in may or june.

Hope that helps, and slick lookin Evo man. Welcome to CR!

Guest v8_What?

thanks for the info Matt. Yeah the way I work around this monster I am lucky if I can get out of my office on a friday night! The closest track to me that I know is in Liberty, In about 25 minutes away. Seems to be a alright place. I do not know how I would act on a 1/4 mile track. I have only been on 1, one time. most everything I had the time to see were 1/8's.

this thing I run into alot up here so far is the tracks running late models and that is it! I will play for fun but not fair when you are setup to run in a crate motor class. I can not hang with the guys with 50K in a engine and crap like that

What is UMP????? the only things I have ever been around are pro-street, pro-modified, IMCA modified, late model open class, and late model crates!!

http://www.umpracing.com

They are a sanctioning body, similar to imca. I hear ya on the 50k motors, hell thats why i got out, between having to fix the car every damn week and being out gunned by at least 150hp on the bigger tracks it just aint any fun anymore!

But hey if you ever need help dialing in the suspension and all that for different rtack setups and sizes give me a shout, i always managed to do pretty damn good on the 1/4-3/8 mile tracks, even with a lil 355. i know midway down by me runs a limited late model class, i can't remember the rules of the top of my head, but you shouldnt do to bad with a crate motor. Thats what i'd look for, smaller tracks, and an actual limited class. that should give ya a fair shot. Oh yea, what chassis are you runnin?

Guest v8_What?

Well I never started really and never had a reason to get out. I just always hated when I ran late model crates and you know the guy that won had a hell of alot of illegal mods done to the car. So of the guys I knew out in Cali were doing this stuff for a living. And by all means that stuff is not fair. Hell I would not have 1k to throw down on someone and say their build is not legit!!!! That is the main reason I keep it as a hobbie along with all my others, dirt track car, evo, paintball, billiards,etc etc. Anything to keep me busy I guess!

My suspension is pretty good. I have funny adjustable coilovers now so it is pretty easy for me to get them where they need to be. When I first started this car back in 2001 I was run shocks with a racing spring.......I could not tell ya how many tires I cut up because my fender wells were rolling too far and going straight into the tire. My first time on the track with this car I did not even get around 1 lap and I ripped a tire........boy does that hurt the bank account especially considering at the time I had no way to test the roll and at 140 a tire got espensive quick!

Guest v8_What?
well I was hoping to hear some good news about my car being completed but no luck. They are now waiting on pins for my AEM EMS to finish hooking up the meth kit. Man I miss my car. This is the farthest I have ever been away from my car while work is being done to it. worries me a little just for the fact that slo-mo did not look like it was in that great of a neighborhood!!! :cry: