Favorite song mashup/remix

DaddyBuiltRacing

So I am looking for new music as always. Im really into the whole mashups thingy right now...kinda like the jayz vs linkin park type deal. I found a sweet one with Jay Z's "dirt off your shoulder" and the Verve's "bitter sweet symphany" what are some other ones that you have heard?

No that Kayne West remix is a piece of shit. It is ruining one of Daft Punk's best songs.

Agreed. However, apparently it was Daft Punk's idea...they are even in the video for the song.

But yea, Harder Better Faster Stronger was fine the way it was....

Agreed. However, apparently it was Daft Punk's idea...they are even in the video for the song.

But yea, Harder Better Faster Stronger was fine the way it was....

Well then Daft Punk dropped a point on my "cool bands" list.

Have you seen Interstella 5555?

truly the most trippy film ever made

DJ Danger Mouse did The Grey Album which is a mashup of Jay-Z's Black Album with the Beatles White album

There's also Jay-Zeezer - The Black & Blue Album which is the Black Album and Weezer's Blue album

No that Kayne West remix is a piece of shit. It is ruining one of Daft Punk's best songs.

I liked it. I looked up the original version of the Daft Punk song, I think it blows. The remix Chris Schnell(Mekkahfire) made is the shit compared to the original.

the term "mash up" is maybe the most retarded thing ever. i remember hearing Tommy Lee use to describe dj'ing when he played the redzone in like 2002. Been Laughing ever since.

yea i don't like the "mash up" name either. hell its just what dj's been doing forever. i'm not a big fa of the studio recorded "mash ups" usually they are horrid. like the 50 cent nine inch nails one that was horrid.

I don't know if you're aware, but a lot of even Daft Punks songs are sampled from a bunch of classics you may never have heard of before. I guess you could say a lot of Daft Punks are just simply DUBS of the original songs or some even say Remixes..

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2007/02/daft-punks-samples-visual-aid.html

just a little FYI.

I don't know if you're aware, but a lot of even Daft Punks songs are sampled from a bunch of classics you may never have heard of before. I guess you could say a lot of Daft Punks are just simply DUBS of the original songs or some even say Remixes..

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2007/02/daft-punks-samples-visual-aid.html

just a little FYI.

I knew this. Sampling bits and pieces from stuff to make a song is not always the same as a remix.

Hell 90% of all music is sampled from something before. 1 good example is Green Day "Boulevard of broken dreams" and Oasis "wonderwall" play greenday step for step with oasis and its pretty close. Kinda like Red Hot Chilli Pepers and the whole Tom Petty thing

Hell, every Chili Peppers song is some form of a song they've already made. Seriously, I like them, but so many of their songs are damn similar to one another.