IE 6.0.2900 Help

Lustalbert

First person that says "Switch to Firefox" gets a mushroom stamp on thier forehead.

Problem - When I am listening to internet radio, I only have sound through my front 2 speakers. This is somewhat iritatating to me, as some of the music I listen to has some bass in it (they do ok, but 2 15" subs can only go so far when trying to piss off the neighbors) and my rear channels and sub are sitting there idle, just waiting for some audio love. I am using the Realtek HD controller for my other prgrams, and they have no problem running through all channels, IE is the only program that can't seem to figure out that there are more than 2 fucking speakers attached to my computer.

Anyone have an idea how to correct this situation? 5.1 support update for IE? Some other miricale plugin?

Thanks

Have you tried IE 7?

Otherwise, you can try checking out your audio settings for your sound card and see if there's a stereo upsampling setting.

Another problem may be the actual player. IE doesn't play the music, it's an ap that's called from the page loaded. So the player could be Media Player, RealPlayer, or even some half-assed java app some web guy stole from a college website.

Switch to FIREFOX

For you Sir, one mushroom stamp, coming up......

I will probably try the IE 7 upgrade, just to lazy to do it.

I listen to Pandora, so I doubt the player is one hacked from some college webpage. At least I hope it isnt.

Thanks for the input

I already use winamp, runs vey well for my music collection. I listen to pandora to catch new/different stuff that I would not think to look for otherwise.

Fianlly upgraded to IE7, and it has found the sub chanel. Still nothing from the back 2 chanels though. And I really wanted to hear Linn's latest postings in full surround :(