BBK SSi intake manfold fro 5.0?

Science Abuse

I remember the one you're talking about, but can't remember the name of the company. I talked to them at length one year at PRI when it was still in Indy. They had a few different endcaps also, one was tunable in that you could change how much plenum are was open inside each end of the plenum by moving the inside wall of the cap in and out. It was a really neat design, but I think it was probably just too expensive to catch on.

BXR, yeah that's it. I really considered it but at the time even a good deal on it was $700+ with the hi-torque endcaps.

As for experience with the SSI, I have none but have heard alot of people making plans to use them on road race cars... but still haven't seen any testing that shows it to do anything noticeably special over the standard design.

JEGS should have them soon. Right now their ETA on #5008 (kit w/ rails) is 11/5. I wouldn't take that as gospel, but it's a good indication that it shouldn't be long. That one does seem like a good choice for higher rpm applications. Plus it's cheap ($579.99).

• 4 months later...