F-Body or DSM...

V8 Beast

Bingo.

Now added to this-one should ask .. If a DSM and Fbody were sitting at a light(in any modded form) who are you putting your money on? :)

Well considering how often they seem to break, judging by this thread, I'd put my money on the LS1. The DSM will probably fall apart while waiting for the green. ;)

Frankly though, the F-Bodys take to mods well, and with so much displacement a little mod goes a long way without impacting reliabilty in the slightest. The DSMs are good cars, but any turbocharged application is going to be running closer to the reliability line than N/A. So mods will tend to push it over that line much easier.

Don't get me wrong, I think I've met Ken and used to know a number of cdsm guys, most of which have some nice cars and know what they are doing. Unfortunately guys like them are the minority.

Honestly this is not a fair comparison, a large displacement powered car vs. a 4cyl. and for the most part most of the f-bodies were more expensive cars(though not by much if any at times). I personally prefer the dsm's as they are smaller, lighter, and have far better chassis(for the type of stuff I'm into anyway) and suspension. My 3 dsm's have been most reliable for me and most are as long as they aren't pumping double the hp over stock on mostly stock stuff like many are.

DSM's are cheap enough so that every 15-18 year old gets one. Slaps a boost controller on it sets its on 20psi then wonders why the car keeps having trouble. He then sells it to another kid who beats the crap out of it and it breaks. Ect. Ect.

Most DSM's are like battered children who get passed from foster family to foster family.

It leaves them quite scarred and with a bad reputation!

Most DSM's are like battered children who get passed from foster family to foster family.

It leaves them quite scarred and with a bad reputation!

Says it all right there!! I've seen and heard the f-bodies with their share of problems as well, no car is perfect by a long shot. The LSX is a great motor, just ino in a pretty weak chassis.

Says it all right there!! I've seen and heard the f-bodies with their share of problems as well, no car is perfect by a long shot. The LSX is a great motor, just ino in a pretty weak chassis.

I beg to differ. With the proper components, our cars can hold their own quite formidibly in a turning course.

Guest ihuntv8

The only problem i had with my DSM was driveline issues, but when your making 600 horse through a 200 horse driveline shits going to happen:)

The subys remind me of the old dsm's. Hell Dave rounded off third gear on his wrx just making pulls on the dyno, it made 300 horse LOL

The only problem i had with my DSM was driveline issues, but when your making 600 horse through a 200 horse driveline shits going to happen:)

The subys remind me of the old dsm's. Hell Dave rounded off third gear on his wrx just making pulls on the dyno, it made 300 horse LOL

I told him the thing was a POS.

I dont know what he was thinking....