LPFS at autox.....

Dr. Apex

The S2000 is not mine, it's the roommates. We only had planned to run 1 season together, the Hoosiers were corded, and he couldn't make the fun event. I may end up driving with Ray next year for 1 event maybe, but that's it.

If I could afford an S2K I would seriously consider one, the way they drive fits my style perfectly and the car handles as well as most any exotic in the world.

maybe I missed it, but who was running the event and where was it held?

AJ, VERY cool to see you using the car this way. Want to try a track day next year? :)

Do you guys normally attend events run by a certain group or at a specific place? I'm hoping to get my wife out in her and my cars at a few auto-x events next year before I put her on the track in my M3 :eek:

even though I'm a total FD fan, this was possibly the coolest car out there for me

http://richard.safier.com/OVR/Nov2007/target155.html

definately digging the ol 2002 action.

The best way to learn how everything works is to attend the school each year. Its the day before the first event, and they take you through everything you need to know.

Oh and its put on by SCCA OVR, and this event was at Cooper Stadium.

Like Pat said this was an "Ohio Valley Region SCCA" autocross, they have about a dozen autocrosses a year. For the track events "NASA" holds what they call "High Performance Driving Events(HPDE)" and they are you with your street car and an instructor on places like Mid-Ohio learning to handle your car at it's limit.

The autocrosses take place around here at Cooper Stadium, OSU lot(315&Ackerman), and National Trails. The HPDE's happen at Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges, Putnam Park, and pretty much every major track around.

haha...sorry for some of the confusion guys. I'm definately familiar with what/where/when for track days :D I was asking AJ if he wants to tag along next year.

I just haven't done an auto-x in about 3 years, and I figured if I was going to go out that I'd try to go to one where I can meet some other CR members. I also wasn't sure where they held them now so thanks for the heads up. Do you guys normally stick to OVR meets? Do you post up when you're going to an upcoming one?

Also, when/where do they announce the 08 class specifications? I'll be very far from competitive since my car is setup for doing street/track duty, but I also don't want to worry about being illegal for my class (such as I know I can't use my x-brace in SM).

haha...sorry for some of the confusion guys. I'm definately familiar with what/where/when for track days :D I was asking AJ if he wants to tag along next year.

i plan on it, that was the first time i was able to get the car out since i just got it together. this winter its getting the cage and if i can pull it off body and paint work.

I just haven't done an auto-x in about 3 years, and I figured if I was going to go out that I'd try to go to one where I can meet some other CR members. I also wasn't sure where they held them now so thanks for the heads up. Do you guys normally stick to OVR meets? Do you post up when you're going to an upcoming one?

Also, when/where do they announce the 08 class specifications? I'll be very far from competitive since my car is setup for doing street/track duty, but I also don't want to worry about being illegal for my class (such as I know I can't use my x-brace in SM).

I do a couple events each year outside OVR, this year I went to Dayton once and a multi-region challenge in Cleveland. There have been lots of CR people make it out this year which was great.

I post up about each event at least 1 week before, have all year. They will post the schedule and updated rules prolly in Feb/March. Don't wory too much about what class your in, not until you know your going to be serious about it and build a car for it.

There is talk about a new newbie street tire class that will basically be a catch-all for the most part so the new people don't have to go into classes like "SM" with highly experienced drivers with prepped cars. I'll post it up if/when it happens.

i plan on it, that was the first time i was able to get the car out since i just got it together. this winter its getting the cage and if i can pull it off body and paint work.

hit me up in the spring and I'll let you know when we're going up to Nelson for a Funday, which is basically $125 for an open lapping day.

I do a couple events each year outside OVR, this year I went to Dayton once and a multi-region challenge in Cleveland. There have been lots of CR people make it out this year which was great.

I post up about each event at least 1 week before, have all year. They will post the schedule and updated rules prolly in Feb/March. Don't wory too much about what class your in, not until you know your going to be serious about it and build a car for it.

There is talk about a new newbie street tire class that will basically be a catch-all for the most part so the new people don't have to go into classes like "SM" with highly experienced drivers with prepped cars. I'll post it up if/when it happens.

cool, I'll keep an eye out in the spring for even anouncements. I'd probably stay in town for convenience. I know that with my mods I'm pretty much in SM anyway, but I'm not sure how the rules might change next year. I'm not really sweating it cause I know I won't be competitive, just having a little fun with the wife.