Mustang steering rack: Aftermarket options?

Science Abuse

I just found out that allot of SC guys are putting Mustang Manual racks in their cars: Direct bolt up if you reuse your tie rod ends.

I want tighter steering in my car, i.e. fewer turns to lock. Is there something in the Mustang market that offers this? I'd assume that the power rack would fit just the same as a manual rack.

I tried searching, but there's just too much mustang stuff to go through, has anyone seen something like this already?

I have no experience swapping these racks into other cars, but Flaming River does a quick-ratio rack for the fox Mustang. It's part # FR1890Q. There may be others for cheaper, but this is the only quick ratio power rack I'm aware of for those cars.

just buy a manual rack from auto zone its like 150 bucks compared to the flamming river 300

I think he's implying he wants it more for improved steering response but prefers to stay power-assist. I think the manual racks are a pretty slow ratio too.

Factory PS racks are 15:1

The oem & replacement manual racks - I'm not sure about but I think they are 20:1