anyone explain this werid noise?

Ryan218

i think the noise coming from my car is the EGR line on the back of the head..

that being said, what can i do to fix this? ive been told its very hard to put a new line in because of the space your working with? can i just plug it? what do i plug it with?

here is a vid of what im talking about.

i went and had tail pipes put on my mustang friday. my exhaust consists of stock headers, mac pro chamber, flows, then tail pipes...so..on the way back into town ( 80 miles drive )as im entering town i start hearing a whistling type of noise.

when i put the prochamber on a few months ago i had a huge leak..got that fixed and its been fine till now, so i get it home put it on jack stands and check the fit, still tight and centered on the header, so my next thought...maybe the header gasket blew out..so i replaced it...nope still got the noise..and im at a lose i have no idea what it is...i taped a quick vid for you guys to see...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/th_88mustang11-2407004.jpg

any ideas? im out of em?

Exhaust leak...tighten the header to the h pipe more I have seen tons of foxes with after market exhaust leak right there same side too mine did it a lil bit with stock headers and basanni h pipe went to long tubes prob solved ha

nope...already fixed that issue a while ago..but i jacked it up and tighten it down...even replaced header gasekts....its more of a whistling leak not just an regualr leak if that makes any sence to you guys?

any pics of what you fabbed to fit there?

it was a little plate, with a screw hole where the egr bracket bolts to in the head, and just used some sealant and bolted to the head. seems to be working fine. I think you could find out really what to do on stangnet.com or mustangforums.com

You can buy a plug that is sold by ford. Be ready to grab your heart they are very expensive(about $30 each). It screws into the back of the head and you then can remove that egr pipe that goes between the heads and all other related equipment. the threads are normally so filled up with carbon that these don't work that well and you can thread in a normal 5/8" bolt instead.