Doing drugs at work!

SPLN SUX

I think its a waste of time to after.

How much does it cost the company?

How much time was lost?

Its illegal to street race but I bet 80% + of the people on CR have street raced.

My point is its a entry level Job. Pot may be illegal but that don't mean its not a waste of money to go after.

Go read about the war of drugs, Hey its cool our economy is going to shit were wasting money why don't we drugtest all of american imprison all the people who fail. That will help americas Economy.

You can't compare street racing and drugs.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's illegal do smoke/deal/whatever Pot. Yet, most people in this thread thinks it's ok to smoke it while at work? I bet most of the people who are think it's ok are already smoking pot. I mean. It's illegal outside of work. What makes you think it's OK to smoke it WHILE working?

Actually I am against smoking pot, just not against people who do it. I guess my only point is THEY MAKE FUCKING PIZZA. Do I want my airline pilot high? Absolutely not. Do I care if they guy throwing cheese and placing pepporonis on my pizza can't even spell his own name? No.

Also, I believe the thing of drug testing everybody to find one person is bullshit. You might get the guy fired who had a puff at a party over the weekend fired for no reason. At a mechanics shop or a dealership you don't all get drug tested if something goes wrong, only if you wreck a car or some shit. Then there is an automatic drug test for THAT person.

Plus, I believe everyone will think he is a tight-ass for a boss. I think the easiest and highly-effective way to resolve it would be have a meeting and just spell it out in a friendly manner, "Look, I know someone was smoking pot in my bathroom the other day. If you're going to do that shit, take it out of here because it can get MY ass in trouble and then I would be forced to fire one or all of you." The efficiency of someone knowing that someone else is aware of what they are doing will either lead them to be A. Super careful about smoking pot at work or B. Stop doing it altogether. That would mean your problem is solved because either B happens or you won't know about A. :)

I think that is the way I see it as well.

You randomly drug testing EVERYONE and firing those who fail, possible repercussions from some stupid shit, etc. = thousands of dollars.

You holding a meeting or some shit and letting your employees know what is up = free.

Then, later, if you catch them in the act and actually 100% know who it is, FIRED = free.

:)

then what is alky.

your right pot is a gateway to munchies.

I know quit a few stoners who thats all they touch.

Alcohol maybe a drug, but it's legal. Ask a crack head what he usually first tried, more than likely it would be marijuana. If it's against a company's policies to do drugs, especially if they're done on company time, they should be fired. Very rare is it to find someone that hasn't done JUST marijuana.

I'll use myself as an example, I've experimented. I know of plenty of other people that have done more than just smoking a lil joint from time to time.

Thats fine but I can think of 5 people off the top of my head that only smoked weed. None of them ever smoked tobacco or drank, or anything else. These are people I graduated high school with and they haven't changed.

Yes it is. It is legal, and I enjoy it. Marijuana is illegal, therefore breaking the law by smoking it. Amen.

What I was trying to say is according to the bible they are both wrong. It doesn't matter if it is legal or illegal. It is still wrong.

Bottom line is: If it's against company policy (and I'm sure it's like that in 99% of the companies out there), don't do it. If you do, AND get caught. You're gone. What's so hard to follow about that? You break the rules, you find another job.

Drinking is legal, smoking pot is not. You can't argue that. If pot WERE legal, you'd be able to buy it at Speedway or the local carry out. You can't.

I don't know about going as far as pursuing legal actions against, but if it was on company property no matter if it was a white castles worker, to a CEO of Nationwide, I'd fry their ass one way or another. It's one thing to do something on your own time, another to do so while being paied on a certain job. That includes drinking, poping pills etc...