Contra 4 on DS

87GT

I can't find a walkthrough yet on this game. If you haven't played this game you might as well skip reading the bottom. This game is kick ass so go play it if you haven't already

Anyway I think I am on level 6? It is one of the base missions where it is in 3d. You know you shoot straight up and move left and right? Anyway I got to the boss which happens to be a skeleton. His attack is 3 rounds of breathing fire at you. The first round you keep jumping up and shooting is head. This is pretty easy. After this he gets pissed off and comes towards you while you run backwards a room. Now he does the fire again while the doors try to close on his head.

This is where I am stuck. There are 2 blue circle things on the closing doors that you can shoot. They blink when you do so I think you are supposed to shoot these till it blows up. Well I have been shooting them for 15 minutes and nothing happens. I can't find anything else to shoot.

How the fuck do you kill him???