Steam account names?

MrMeanGreen

I'm not upgrading the PC to play a game.. I'm done with that. I'll just upgrade the video card for now.

Anyways.. it's an AMD 3200 (2.1 mhz). 1 gig of ram. basic crap.

What happens when you turn all the settings as low as possible?

Anyway, this card may be decent for your application:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133172

I would also strongly recommend just one more gig of ram. You can get a gig for pretty cheap now, in addition to a new video card.

That's strange, Shawn. I played the shit outta HL2 on full graphics with my Nvidia GeForce4 5950 Ultra, although it was slightly overclocked. This was with 1GB of PC3200 RAM and an overclocked AMD 2500+ Barton core CPU.

EDIT: You wanna borrow it and try it? That PC is sitting in the corner not doing anything.

That's strange, Shawn. I played the shit outta HL2 on full graphics with my Nvidia GeForce4 5950 Ultra, although it was slightly overclocked. This was with 1GB of PC3200 RAM and an overclocked AMD 2500+ Barton core CPU.

EDIT: You wanna borrow it and try it? That PC is sitting in the corner not doing anything.

yeah. I know. I can play HL2 fine and CS:S with NO issues at all. solid 30-40 FPS.

I installed the orange box and Episode 1, 2 and TF2 sucks worse then Jones does. it doesn't make sense.

And even if I turn everything to low or off, it still does it. It's still shitty. Even going to 800x600 gives the same problems.

What happens when you turn all the settings as low as possible?

Anyway, this card may be decent for your application:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133172

I would also strongly recommend just one more gig of ram. You can get a gig for pretty cheap now, in addition to a new video card.

My friend at work is going to give me a gig of ram.

As for that card. its' PCI express.. Won't work. :(