Stuck in a tough position...

Rally Pat

Yesterday, I took delivery of Dave's Mustang. My plans so far have been to rip his motor out of that car, fix whats wrong with it, and put it in an FC. However, as Christmas approaches I have been thinking that the Mustang might be worth fixing the slight rust that is on it. I have been thinking about buying my family a nice gift for christmas this year instead of buying me the FC. Micro Center is having some sweet deals on HDTV's at the moment, and I was thinking about taking the money I had budgeted out and picking up one of those instead.

More or less, my 2.3 project would still happen, but just in the car that it came in instead of an RX-7. I just want to know what you guys think.

I personally would leave it in the mustang and use the money you were going to dedicate to the swap and upgrade the piss out of the stang when the time comes.

The thing is, the mustang already has the piss upgraded out of it lol

The turbo needs rebuilt, the valve cover is leaking, and a front seal is leaking too. All easy to fix....well...the valve cover and the front seal anyway. Turbos are kind of a pain in the ass.

I still stand by keeping the working platform. As for the turbos what type are they? It might just be easier to stource an upgrade online and call it a day. Even if it is upgraded to piss already that means you got more money for suspension/body/jesus.

The thing is, the mustang already has the piss upgraded out of it lol

The turbo needs rebuilt, the valve cover is leaking, and a front seal is leaking too. All easy to fix....well...the valve cover and the front seal anyway. Turbos are kind of a pain in the ass.

Wow, a 2.3 for with a leaking valve cover.

I would suggest getting a silicon gasket from Ford Motorsports. That one has steel inserts that prevent you from over tightening it.

Yeah, I am leaning toward the TV.... I want to upgrade us to DirecTV HD too. We have had the same recievers for like 10 years, so I think we are elegable for an equipment upgrade anyway. Its only an extra $10 a month for the service too.

I'm not sure, I only had a 20psi guage when I started putting the car together 30-35psi is my guess.....

if you decide to keep the mustang replace the fuel pump before you do much driving

scott it already has an mls gasket and head studs, the valve cover gasket is probably O.E. make sure you get one from ford all the other gaskets are junk

I would not go five lug on that car unless you can't find a four lug wheel you like just upgrade to four lug v-8 brakes the car is so light it really doesn't take much to stop it

Do you know what the rev limit is too? Stock tach only reads to 6, it definately went way past that lol

Btw, I have yet to beat on the car. I havent driving it for more than 10 minutes total, split into 3 or so short trips around my neighborhood pissing people off.

You buy your parents big tv's for christmas?

My father is deceased. We didn't have life insurance, so making ends meet has been kind of a struggle. I want to buy something nice my entire family will get use out of, especially my mom who watches lots of movies and TV shows.