Audi cooling problem...anyone?

ChevyMan1972

Guest chrishousley

I would say the next thing for ya to check is to see if the fan even works! Hook it straight to the battery using a completely diferent wire. If the fan comes on then more than likely the wiring is bad

I had bad wiring on my SR in Japan and found out the hard way by overheating and warping a head :( Some numbnuts decieded to splice the wire and straight black tape it up. Well it came loose and popped the engine from temps!!

Be very carefully to make sure you find the root of that problem!!

who I just noticed the year. Does it have anytype fan controller! Some foreign cars use fan controllers to regulate when it comes on and off!!

Dan, If its anything like my car, You'll have 1 clutch fan and 2 electric radiator fans.

1 push 1 pull.

I have never seen mine come on, except in the summer when I am running the a/c. The clutch fan proves suffucient for anything except 80+ with the a/c on it seems.

Guest chrishousley
yeah it is very possible that could be your cause. On alot of newer car the fans will not come on when you start the vehicle. Reason being faster warm-up time! Usually the fans will kick on right before the thermostat opens!

Guest Removed
Dan, If its anything like my car, You'll have 1 clutch fan and 2 electric radiator fans.

1 push 1 pull.

I have never seen mine come on, except in the summer when I am running the a/c. The clutch fan proves suffucient for anything except 80+ with the a/c on it seems.

listen to this man! jesus. are you using a scan tool to comand them on?

listen to this man! jesus. are you using a scan tool to comand them on?

I did some checking last night and the c6 A4 did away with any clutch fan.

They rely solely on the 2 electric fans for cooling. The module sits right above the radiator and can be swapped out "fairly" easily.

Thankfully the ECU can diagnose anything short of a bald tire, so with a quick vag-com scan should see if thats the culprit.

It probably got whacked during the impact. Dark side is that its still a $200+ part.

PS: Feel free to buzz me today if you need a quick scan 746-3017